I'm a Celebrity is back on soon

I believe this is coming back soon isn’t it?

Personally, I think this program has run it’s course.

I like the idea of the programme but hate to see the animals and insects brutally treated, and indiscriminately abused and killed

:023:

Same here.

I witnessed some American show a few years back where if you failed a particular challenge you were forced to drink a cocktail of live cockroaches and sundry worms and insects all liquidised in a blender. Not only disgusting to watch but an overly casual disregard of living creatures.

They really ought to drop those trials. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Not keen on people eating live insects but I like watching the rest. It can be very revealing into what people are really like.

Cull-a-cat-a-day !

Hi

Much more fun to have I’m a Politician, get me out of here.

May and Boris, Corbyn and Abbott, Sturgeon and Gove, Cameron and Osbourne.

What fun we should have.:-D:-D

I think Nigel Farage is in talks with ITV on entering that should be a laugh.

The programme was interesting when it first started because they showed normal conversation, but like every other thing on TV, it’s now so scripted and edited that I no longer bother watching. As others have said, I also don’t like the needless killing of the insects.

Really Doc :surprised: I will look forward to that :slight_smile:

Its a shame cos I really used to enjoy watching this but as usual its kicking the arse out of things now and everything has been dumbed down so much now that its not as enjoyable to watch …now if Farage was going in I would be interested to watch ,I think he would be good value for money!!

I think you are right about it depends very much on who’s in there Aysa.
I have gone off all the insect trials though.

Yes but they soon have to drop that public façade and then the real person will be on show…foibles and insecurities et al.

Exactly Malcolm which is why id like to see the “real” Mr Farage …foibles and all :wink:

He will be a disappointment I think but I agree it will be entertaining.

He certainly has the teeth for bug eating.

I enjoyed seeing the true colours, or the true personality, coming through of the people in the camp. Some surprised me, some I warmed to, some I wanted to leave.

If it wasn’t for the vile insect trials I would watch it continuously, but had to keep switching over, or off.

Any idea when it starts again?

I bet some will jump on the ‘racist’ bandwagon because they’re not British bugs he’s eating.

I’ve just finished reading John Lydon’s autobiography, who was a contestant on the programme about 10 years ago (remember the hilarious sight of him being pecked by ostriches? “Don’t you mess…I was a Sex Pistol!”). He says some of his fellow colleagues mucked in and played as a team but there were others who wouldn’t do a thing but laze around and “do their hair and nails”.
I haven’t seen the programme since then and generally have no time for so-called ‘celebrity’ or ‘reality’ programmes as a rule.