I'm a Celebrity All Stars: Myleene goes "Big" and Becomes a Legend

The spin-off was announced in September last year, when Ant and Dec posted a sneak peek on social media, saying they were in South Africa. Some of the jungle favourites have already been announced, but there’s still more to come. We don’t have a date set for it yet, but it should be at some point in the next month.

Jordan Banjo

Jordan BanjoIMAGE SOURCE,EAMONN M. MCCORMACK

Jordan rose to fame in the 2009 series of Britain’s Got Talent, as a part of dance group Diversity. He now hosts a radio show, and took part in I’m A Celeb in 2016.

I don’t remember him.

Helen Flanagan

Helen FlanaganIMAGE SOURCE,LIA TOBY

Helen Flanagan is an actress who has starred in Coronation Street. She went into the jungle back in 2012, and came 7th.

IIRC, she refused or abandoned most BTTs.

Carol Vorderman

Carol VordermanIMAGE SOURCE,MAX MUMBY/INDIGO

Carol Vorderman took park in I’m A Celeb in 2016, and came eighth. She’s famous for appearing on Countdown for 26 years, and is now a media personality.

I don’t remember her.

Fatima Whitbread

Fatima WhitbreadIMAGE SOURCE,TONY DUFFY

Former world record javelin star Fatima Whitbread appeared on I’m A Celeb in 2011.

She has been named BBC Sports Personality of the year in the past and also won several Olympic and Commonwealth medals for the javelin.

Fatima was brilliant - even when she had a bug stuck up her nose … :clap:

Paul Burrell

Paul BurrelIMAGE SOURCE,CARLA SPEIGHT

Paul Burrell used to work as a butler for the Royal Family, and now is an author and a media personality. He was on the show in 2004.

I can stlll recall his lady-like shrieks … :scream_cat:

Phil Tufnell

Phil TuffnellIMAGE SOURCE,J. QUINTON

Phil Tufnell is a former England cricketer, who has since become a popular TV personality.

He was on I’m A Celeb in 2004, which he won, and also took to the dancefloor in Strictly Come Dancing in 2009.

Easy-going … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Janice Dickinson

Janice DickinsonIMAGE SOURCE,AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN

Janice Dickinson is a model, who was on the show in 2006.

IIRC, she was highly entertaining, did most BTTs and would have won if ‘popular’ Biggins hadn’t been “parachuted” in … :+1:

Shaun Ryder

Shaun RyderIMAGE SOURCE,JIM DYSON

Musician Shaun Ryder made it all the way to the final of I’m A Celeb in 2010, where he lost to winner Stacy Solomon.

I don’t remember him.

Well Omah,i will be rooting for Phill Tufnell.
He seems genuine imo.
Thanks for the thumbs up too.

Not that I’d watch it.But if I did I’d vote for Fatima.After a terrible childhood she’s really made a success of her life.

1 Like

When does Celebrity South Africa start?

I’m a Celebrity… South Africa kicks off on Monday 24th April from 9pm on ITV 1 and ITVX. The launch show, will last for 90 minutes and will see this year’s contestants enter their new home in South Africa.

Who’s in I’m A Celebrity South Africa?

Boxing Champion – Amir Khan
Diversity Dancer & DJ – Jordan Banjo
Former Coronation Street Star – Helen Flanagan
TV Presenter – Carol Vorderman
Olympic Athlete – Fatima Whitbread
Former Royal Butler – Paul Burrell
Ex-England Cricketer – Phil Tufnell
Supermodel – Janice Dickinson
Music Legend – Shaun Ryder

When’s the next episode of I’m A Celeb South Africa?

Episode 2: Tuesday 25 April: 9pm - 10.15pm
Episode 3: Wednesday 26 April: 9pm - 10pm
Episode 4: Thursday 27 April: 9pm - 10.15pm
Episode 5: Friday 28 April: 9pm - 10pm

What can we expect from I’m A Celebrity South Africa?

Apart from a new location, I’m A Celeb South Africa promises to be a “uniquely different series” with no public vote and more “unexpected twists and turns” than ever before.

Many more celebrities are also promised to be entering the series, but audiences have to watch to find out what’s in store.

A press release from ITV reads: “They survived the Australian jungle, but South Africa is an even harder proposition which will push them to their limits and test them like never before. The challenges are bigger and tougher and the environment harsher and more unforgiving. With no public vote, they will be competing against each other in a battle to become the first ever ‘I’m A Celebrity Legend’.”

The first celebrity pants-wetter will be … Helen Flanagan … :sob:

The shrillest screamer will be Paul Burrell … :scream_cat:

The biggest narcissist will be Amir Khan … :strawberry:

ITV has confirmed I’m A Celebrity… South Africa will begin on Monday 24 April at 9pm, and will be available to watch on ITV1 and ITVX.

Unlike previous seasons the new I’m a Celebrity… South Africa has been pre-recorded, so no it is not live. According to The Radio Times,(opens in new tab) the show was recorded last summer in Kruger National Park, South Africa.

So the winner has already been crowned, although the confirmed contestants are still slowly being revealed.

The other difference about I’m A Celebrity All Stars is that previous winners and iconic contestants from various series over the show’s 21-year run have been whittled down to take part in this epic season to be crowned the ultimate champion.

I’m A Celeb All Stars has confirmed the iconic fainting Gillian McKeith, the hilarious and Bushtucker Trial squealer Dean Gaffney, as well as another sprinkling of royalty in the form of Paul Burrell.

Viewers can also expect to see Joe Swash - who won the 2008 series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! - as well as Georgia Toffolo, also known as Toff, who triumphed in 2017.

The Sun Online(opens in new tab) has also confirmed Coronation Street legend Andy Whyment, Shaun Ryder, Phil Tufnell, Jordan Banjo and Amir Khan will take part in the series.

Other famous faces to take part includes Helen Flanagan, Carol Vorderman, Fatima Whitbread, and former supermodel Janice Dickinson - although she has reportedly been forced to quit after suffering a head injury.

It has since been confirmed Myleene Klass will be another last minute addition to the South African series, according to the publication.

Well, it seems that there’s no real point in watching since the uncertainty and audience participation have been removed. The show is just another celebrity “vehicle”, like those for cooking, travelling, etc.

I’ll drop in to see what Georgia’s like now but I’m not bothered about the rest.

In I’m a Celeb 2017:

As a teenager:

First Episode

No Georgia but the usual “entry” challenges were present - a long drop, water sports and high jinks.

Ist Screamer - Paul Burrell, who had to put his hand inside a hole to find a key - still funny … :081:

1st Hero - Fatima Whitbread, unsurprisingly, completed a challenge worthy of “Gladiators” (on which, IIRC, she was a presenter) - climbing on big balls and ropes in mid-air (the stars evaded all competitors, though)

1st Surprise - Helen Flanagan, who, despite her nerves and several delays, didn’t wet her pants and also managed the balls and ropes

1st Shock - the late arrival of Gillian “Fainting” McKeith - most of the competitors probably don’t know her but Shaun had “strong words” with her in IAC Series 10 - his reaction was ‘Gillian arrived in a box, she should have stayed in the box’

SFSG

1 Like

I missed the last 20 mins . I do think Paul was playing to the cameras with his face pulls and screaming . I like him though . I thought the jump from the board was very scarey . The raft was easy peasy

I’m enjoying it though, oh and Helen seems to have matured.

1 Like

I didnt know it had started…I will have to check it out on catch up

1 Like

Watched it last night…how beautiful is South Africa…breathtaking.

I can see some cracks appearing Carol wasn’t pleased her cooking skills were by-passed for instance and the American woman is really irritating her voice is such a screech does she have to shout everything? I’m on holiday for 2 weeks from Sunday so I will have lots of catching up to do when I get back…I will be relying on your updates Omah :slight_smile:

I missed the last 20 mins again so appreciate the catch up . ( I’m caring for sister and tired at night ) poor ole Shaun the sleep , trying not to snore , I know that feeling :unamused:

Sorry … but I won’t be doing daily updates for a series which is not “live” … :neutral_face:

Nevertheless, I will be passing comment where I feel comment is due … :slightly_smiling_face:

Last night, Janice and Jordan were selected to take part in an eating BTT - the food was all obnoxious parts of anatomy, including genitalia, stomach and lung - Janice managed 3, Jordan 2 - Jordan retched up his first at the beginning, Janice sicked up her 3 after the trial … :078:

All a bit unnecessary and unsatisfying - for celebrities and viewers.

1 Like

An incredibly short episode last night - 46 mins less 15 for adverts … :astonished:

Anyway, Andy Whyment, Myleene Klass and Georgia Toffolo turned up in the middle of nowhere then got transported to a separate (basic) camp. Georgia was chosen by main camp to do a dreadful tunnel/slime/critters trial but, being Toff, she managed to get 8 stars with aplomb (or should that be a plum?) Now Toff has to choose someone to turf out to the basic camp … :thinking:

She is really something Toff isn’t she…such a brave determined young person…only 27 …she deserves to win after that effort

1 Like

Like Jordan said “I’d forgotten how posh she was” … :081:

Well, she’s a scrap-dealer’s daughter from Devon but a very expensive education has worked wonders for Toff … :+1:

1 Like

The knots were very tight and tiny and the string difficult to separate. The way she was whooshed away by that water was rather a shock , she hit the back wall with a bang . They all seem to be getting on nicely

2 Likes

Toff’s natural determination made that trial look easy but, IMO, neither Andy nor Myleene would have obtained half the stars - I’m looking forward to more from Toff … :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t think Andy would have fitted that small crawl through filled with fat , Tof is petite and she struggled . It wasn’t an easy trial

2 Likes

Not sure I’m going to keep watching it. It isn’t the same as the Australian or even the Welsh series.

1 Like

Well, surprisingly, Shaun was turfed out by Toff, ostensibly because he was resting on his bed … not a natural choice to send back to basics … :astonished:

Luckily, Myleene won a trial to get into main camp and selected Phil to join ‘best mate’ Shaun … :+1:

The contraband issue seems, to me, to be somewhat contrived but, nevertheless, Fatima treats it seriously and, if she had her way, she would punish the rule-breakers. There will, I’m sure be repercussions tonight.

Did Shaun vote tactically knowing Gillian would never bring home any future food and wanted an easy ride ? Mmm me thinks maybe yes . Also Shaun wanted a nice comfy bed , don’t blame him either