I'm a Celebrity 2023 - Day 22 - Sam's a Winner ...!

Fans were forced to watch 21 minutes of adverts during the 90 minute programme - meaning that early one quarter of the slot was given over for lucrative ads. In total there were five breaks in the show.

It could cause concern amongst ITV bosses after the show shed another one million viewers after the opening night on Sunday which already saw a loss of two million fans compared to 2022.

Seven million people tuned in for the opening night of the 23rd season on Sunday night but it was a significant drop from last year’s season with Matt Hancock which attracted 9.1million viewers.

Last year’s figures were up two million from the previous year with Mr Hancock’s appearance undoubtedly a pull for viewers to watch the disgraced health minister undergo the gruelling challenges.

But Mr Farage’s appearance on the show has stoked up backlash with calls to boycott the show and viewing figures last night reflected this as 6.1 million people tuned in - a one million loss from Sunday night.

However, it managed to entice of 76 per cent of 16-34-year-olds watching TV that night, with 1.4 million of its viewers being under the age of 35. The ratings will come as a welcome to ITV, as the broadcaster has been making a strong bid to attract younger viewers to I’m A Celebrity this year.

ITV have also brought in Nella Rose to the lineup, in an attempt to boost their ratings with the younger generation. But her constant screaming on the show has also caused annoyance among viewers.

The third episode of I’m a Celebrity air tonight with the TikTok sensation Nella, 26, embarking on her second Bushtucker trial No Time to Cry.

I’d echo both of those complaints.

I rarely watch “live” TV so the number and length of the advert breaks came as a massive shock to me … :astonished:

TBH, I find Nella totally obnoxious - her persistent screaming, laughing and bad manners along with her arrogance and indolence may “attract younger viewers” but they don’t attract me … :icon_rolleyes:

1 Like

Day 3

A wet morning in camp - everybody up except Nella … :zzz:

… then, when she did get up, she tore into Fred for a throwaway comment he made the night before - he’d said he could be her father (meaning old enough) - Nella decided to treat it as disrespect since her father died 4 years ago and told Fred that she wanted NOTHING to do with him - no talking, no food, no contact … :scream:

IMO, she was so over-the-top that I decided that she was either mad or manipulative - she certainly got her “airtime” over that but she got less for her BTT - “No Time To Cry” - after collecting a mere 3 stars in an underground tunnel she cried to be let out … :sob:

The celebs were sympathetic but Nigel seems to have the handle on her charade … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

JLS cried … and cried … and cried … :089:

Others made conversation - the lads and “First Dates”, Nigel and his broken body … :face_with_head_bandage:

The luxury items were up for grabs but Marvin, Sam, Danielle and Grace managed only 4 (and not JLS’s) - lip-gloss for Nella, pillow for Josie, cushion for Nick and, oddly, a blow-up plastic pineapple for Danielle … :pineapple:

When dinner arrived, it was a pair of croc’s feet between 10 people … :crocodile: … the hunger games begin … :open_mouth:

Next BTT (Nella and Nigel excluded) - Climb of Cruelty - JLS … this might be a chance for her to turn a corner - if she does well then she may begin to enjoy the IAC experiece … :thinking:

What a joke - a Jungle!! It’s a rainforest and a National Park

the show is being filmed (again) in Springbrook National Park, northern NSW. a stones throw away from Murwillumbah and close to the Queensland border.in or near Dungay, 20 minutes from the beach and the flesh pots of the Gold Coast.

Edit. I forgot to mention the camp is just off Dungay Creek Road if you want to look on Google Maps

1 Like

This thing is run all wrong.The most annoying should stay in there the longest and in some cases not let out at all.

Day 4

There’s a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do? … :rat:

Overnight, a rat was filmed gnawing at the food bag - the celebs discover the hole in the morning … Nigel was not happy, blaming it on campers’ slovenly habits … :009:

JLS joined A&D at the Climb of Cruelty … well, it wasn’t cruel but it was a demanding 100ft climb on hanging scaffolding with critter-boxes as an additional challenge. Patently, JLS has a head for heights because she didn’t baulk at ascending or traversing and easily collected 9 stars before making “leap of faith” from 100ft to collect the 10th. Smiles all round … :grinning:

Nella gets rehabilitation airtime - talking to Nigel, bustin’ some moves and being downright reasonable … :roll_eyes:

Josie, Nick and Fred talked about the fickleness of fame - Josie, of course, won Big Brother but blew her chances, wallowed in ignominy for years before getting “bit parts” on Good Morning which developed into a full-time job.

Dinner - 4 black birds, expertly decapitated by Nigel (field sportsman) and cooked with plenty of veg to fill 9 bellies (Nella is not eating, of course … :roll_eyes:)

Camp life is about to get complicated - all 10 celebs are up for the next trial before being split into teams led by 2 new campers - Frankie Dettori and Tony Bellow.

Two campmates are attacked by blood-sucking leeches

I’m A Celebrity viewers have seen the celebrities dealing with a downpour this week and the fallout of the torrential rain continues with the arrival of blood-sucking leeches. Sam Thompson and Nick Pickard have both fallen victim to the unpleasant critters that were brought into the camp after last week’s weather.

Weather storms hit the camp last week alongside high temperatures, making the camp the ideal home for a swarm of leeches. A source said: “Sam had a leech attach itself to his foot and Nick had one on his hand - the rain has brought them all out. Production has told the celebs to take extra care and be vigilant. Whilst leeches fall off naturally once they’ve drunk their fill there’s also the risk that the leeches’ entry site can become infected.

Leech on a foot - photo

The leech invasion comes after several snakes had to be removed by experts after I’m A Celebrity health and safety officer Jeremy Douglas confirmed that the recent weather had led to more of the creatures in camp than usual. He said: “We have had a lot of snakes on the site this year, possibly because it has been so humid. We have had pythons, and non-venomous and venomous species."

Sleep well, campers … :snake:

1 Like

I think I’ll decline the invitation to appear on the show for next year…Assuming I will be asked…
:pleading_face:

1 Like

I believe that the celebs wear red socks because something or other is always nibbling at their feet and causing blood to flow … any stains therefore blend in … :drop_of_blood:

1 Like

Day 5 23/11

A dry day … :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Fred has a tick attached to his arm requiring expert removal

Nigel takes a bath in the nude - spotted by Josie and Danielle

Today’s Trial - Locker Shocker - Celebs/lockers/stars/keys/gunge - First 5 out become the Home team, the last 5 out become the Away team

Home - JLS/Nella/Sam/Danielle/Fred - back to camp and a fish dinner and mango dessert (Nella now eating … :roll_eyes:)

Away - Josie/Grace/Nigel/Nick/Marvin - onto Snake Rock and back to basics (rice and beans - Tony spits his out)

The team coaches arrived and raced with pigs testicles in their mouths over an obstacle course - Frankie won and took Home, Tony was left with Away

Home camp now has a luxury bus for the coach and new kit for the team

Away camp has no luxuries - the celebs have new kit but are sleeping on the ground

Next - a series of “Head-to-Heads” for team members to accumulate points for a “Breakfast of Champions” - call me Mr Pessimistic but I don’t think the Aways stand a chance of winning

1st HTH - Slam-Dunk’d - Basketball - Nella/Fred v Marvin/Nick - 41/36

2nd HTH - Touchdown of Terror - Nella + TBA v Grace + TBA

Ha ha, the only expert you need is this.

Day 6

Main Camp - Nella shuts down Sam, her partner later, for disturbing her Zen … :roll_eyes:

Snake Rock - Grace is withdrawn and white but Nigel will be her partner later

Head-To-Head - Touchdown of Terror - Nella and Grace with critters in their helmets, Sam and Nigel with ants in their pants - basically a game of ball passing and retrieval - Nella called “Time” (again) and released her helmet - Grace kept her head (and helmet), despite a cockroach in her ear, and won a proper meal for dinner - Camel Haunch (real steaks!)

Nella apologises to her camp-mates but it’s not contrite, it’s attention-seeking … :roll_eyes: … and she’s now a two-time loser.

More silly games involved human sponges (JLS/Danielle v Josie/Marvin) - Away win - and ball collection (Fred/Frankie v Tony/Nick) - Home win

Final Totals - Home 404, Away 383 - Home get the breakfast (Tony was heard to say “bollocks”) and the Away team have to provide 2 members for the next BTT … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Day 7

While still in the arena, Tony and Nigel had to face 6 repulsive drinks each to win stars for dinner - flies, brains, feet, anus, penis, testicles, cockroaches, etc … while Nigel thrived, Tony suffered … :078: … nevertheless 12 stars gained … :star:

Back in main camp, Home had their Breakfast of Champions - :tangerine: :bread: :bacon: :fried_egg: :butter: :salt: :pancakes:

Later, Away joined Home and dinner was served - Wild Hare … :rabbit2:

Tony, throughout, has not been a happy bunny … but I believe that his “nan” died just before he left for IAC so, obviously, his mind will be on other matters … :slightly_frowning_face:

Most of the celebs, however, are beginning to “enjoy” themselves as they settle into the routines of camp life - Josie and Sam always seem something to laugh about … :slightly_smiling_face:

The next BTT is underwater - “Fishy Business” - participants are Nella (three-time loser?), not happy about it, and Sam, positively elated … :026: … he’s even invented a name for the couple - “Salmonella” … :047:

1 Like

Not sure why Josie had a dig at Nigel for being a bit “whiffy” and needing deodorant. He is always washing and changing his clothes. Some of them even sleep in fleeces and those big waterproof jackets …… they must really be sweaty but, as expected, nothing is said.

1 Like

I’ll bet that Josie stinks as much as Nigel, maybe more … :wink:

Even if the celebs wash regularly (and some don’t) they will all end up stinking after trials involving attachment to liberal amounts of critters, offal and fluid which cold camp water can’t shift. Then, as you say, they crawl into unclean, often damp, sleeping bags and wear unwashed clothes for days on end … :103:

The Big Stink is a well-known phenomenon:

Ant and Dec reveal I’m A Celebrity 2019 stars ‘stank of BO’.

Ant commented: “The 2019 series was even worse than normal. Because of the Australian bushfires, the campmates had a gas burner, rather than an open fire,” he explained. “Normally the campfire can conceal some of the BO, but not that year.”

“It was like when the smoking ban came in for pubs,” said Dec. “Once the smell of smoke disappeared you realised one thing: ‘This pub stinks’.”

“Anyway, we digress. They stink, that’s the point.” says Ant.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The Small-eyed Snake is very secretive and unlikely to be encountered in the open during the day. When disturbed it may thrash about aggressively, but it is usually disinclined to bite. Toxicity of the venom seems to vary geographically, and the effect on humans can range from no symptoms to renal failure and possibly death (one recorded fatality). The venom contains a long-acting myotoxin that continues to attack muscle tissue (including heart muscle) for days after envenomation. A bite should always be treated as serious and medical attention sought as soon as possible.

:scream:

I tried to sit on my hands and not type, I really did!

But when you said there was a venomous snake in camp I obviously thought you meant Farage :rofl:

I’m glad Rosie WhoeverSheis told him he stinks, it just confirms what a lot of us have always thought and would like to tell him😂

And I’m sure he does stink more than the others because internal pig ignorance exudes out trough peoples pores :pig:

If any of the celebs is “pig-ignorant” it is surely the appallingly ill-mannered Nella … :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t watch it and don’t really know much about her, don’t shows like I’m a Celebrity always have a villain everyone loves to hate?

But if she challenged Farage on his opinions then she’s OK in my book. He doesn’t deserve protection from being told he stinks and so do his attitudes, even if it upsets his fans :crazy_face:

Well, you’re entitled to an opinion but it seems that it belongs elsewhere since it’s not about IAC but about Nigel Farage as a politician.

Incidentally, Josie didn’t tell Nigel that he stinks - she used the privacy of the Bush Telegraph say that he did to viewers.

3 Likes