I'm A Celebrity 2019

Coronation Street’s Andrew Whyment ‘will join I’m A Celebrity with mystery campmate’

The 38-year-old Coronation Street actor ‘will be the 12th campmate’, entering the show in an early shake-up alongside another mystery celebrity.

Another “Who?” I thought until I saw his face, which seemed remarkably familiar, so I googled him … :024:

Aha … Andrew was the none-too-bright Darren Sinclair-Jones in The Royle Family … :wink:

I remember him doing a rather impressive ‘Eagles’ Desperado’ on Stars in their eyes a few years ago. :-p

Apparently:

Andrew Whyment trained at the Laine Johnson Theatre School in Salford. He attended Salford College of Further Education for a BTEC in Performing Arts, where his real love was singing.

He seems a decent enough bloke and a good reason for watching the series. Some of the others may surprise me - but … Caitlyn Jenner is the off-putter … :090:

Yep Omah, with Caitlyn Jenner I fear it will turn into a bit of a freek show, but Kirky is such a nice bloke he could win this, but like you say, I don’t know much about the others…

If they make entertainment about eating living things ,it should be one of the contestants and not some innocent bug.

STARTING WITH A SPLASH I’m A Celeb stars plunge off boat into sea fully dressed as filming begins in Australia.

I’ll quote no more, in case the contents spoil the weekend’s viewing, except, for those interested in such things:

Kate Garraway, 52, who wore her hair in pigtails, appeared out of breath as she paddled through the water.

Kate suits the motor … :wink:

Nice bodywork Kate, and the motor isn’t too shabby either…:cool: By jove! Longdogs was right…:smiley:

I’m A Celebrity bosses ‘ban live insects from bushtucker trials’ after animal rights backlash

According to reports, the apparent change to the format of the show will remain a permanent fixture. Animal rights organisations such as Viva! have campaigned against the show since it began. Celebrities such as Chris Packham and Lucy Watson have also voiced their opposition to the use of animals in the trials.

I don’t think many viewers will miss insect-eating … as long as the celebrities are fed other disgusting bushtucker … :slight_smile:

I just read about no live insect eating on the bush tucker trials. That is better, but they are still using animals in the other trials though & I wonder how many of those get killed by contestants either crawling over them or standing on them.

The I’m A Celeb camp will not feature a fire for the first time in the show’s history.

Earlier this week the Mirror told how there had been a total fire ban in New South Wales across the state because of dozens of bush fires.

Whilst the situation is changing on a daily basis, ITV decided to make their decision and bring in an alternative for the camp, which is in Murwillumbah in the north east of the state.

Last night, an ITV spokesman confirmed: “In light of the current situation in Australia, I’m A Celebrity will not feature an open camp fire. Instead, campmates will cook their food and boil their water on a specially made gas stove.”

An engineer went into camp on Friday ahead of the celeb arrivals late on Saturday.

Sensible, but what next - refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher … :shock:

I’m always right Foxy. :lol:

I see what you mean. I had to Google her as I had not heard of her before. I was expecting to read that she had discovered the smallpox Vaccine or something but alas she is an ex Olympian, TV presenter who looks like she has been carved out of pummice.

Ben shephard pulls kate Garraway into an ice bath.

They might be a bit worried about burning the studio down. :wink:

Apparently LIVE insects have now been banned during the Bush Tucker Trials. Insects may still be eaten but they will be dead first.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50445769

You’re a bit late with that “news” … :wink: … see posts #49/#50:slight_smile:

Keep at least one eye on the thread and off Kate Grraway … :lol:

Ah yes, sorry mate, missed that bit. I checked back as well. :blush: It’s all too much for me. :wink:

Blimey, you’ll probably explode when you see Kate in her bikini, then … :shock:

That could happen I’m afraid. :shock: