If you could permanently delete one song from the face of the earth, never to be played or heard by anyone ever again, what song would it be?

Saw this on Reddit.

If you could permanently delete one song from the face of the earth, never to be played or heard by anyone ever again, what song would it be?

I don’t have strong feelings about songs I don’t like, but maybe one of those music memes. I could do without the Rick Rolls or the Gangnam style dance.

[Caution: don’t click on these videos if you don’t want the songs in your head all day.]

This video has 1.4 billion (with a b) views.

1 Like

The screachee ‘hold my hand’ song from the Holliday advert ( jet2 or tui or something)

3 Likes

My pop musical knowledge stops around 1973 so I probably would not miss anything made after 1973.
:blush:

2 Likes

I often switch off the radio part-way through a song because what some people may hear as a song, I’m hearing as just a horrible racket - there’s too many of those to list!
I wouldn’t choose to stop anyone else from listening to them, though - one man’s meat is another man’s poison, and all that.

2 Likes
1 Like

I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of Rick Astley’s song - naturally it’s already top of the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Almost all and every bit of “RAP CRAP” :confounded::angry::angry::angry:

6 Likes

The Wheels on The Bus go Round and Round :angry:
When I was working part time as a classroom assistant I can’t remember why but one of the staff played that bloody song over and over and over and over and over again. At risk of being perceived as a grumpy old misery killjoy I was seriously beginning to lose the will to live!

4 Likes

There are possibly some thrash metal fans here, but I would delete the entire genre

2 Likes

Anything from the 80s/90s,especially those Stock,Aitkin and Waterman songs.

1 Like

Bye bye!

R-4895957-1378750912-1018.jpeg-3363751452

4 Likes

All I want for Christmas is you.
Last Christmas
Mistletoe and Wine
Congratulations

3 Likes

Oh yeh, Jimmy Osmond. You can bung Donny Osmond and ‘Puppy Love’ in with him.

3 Likes

Long haired Lover From Liverpool

7 Likes

Yes, I really think we should Morticia, in fact let’s just do the job properly and be done with it!

osbros+1-2624813267

Looks like they’ve all simultaneously trodden in something horrible anyway :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep…Shudder.

2 Likes

I thought that was a joke or something, so I looked it up.

Wow! :icon_eek: Very repetitive in just the first minute. And those actually are the lyrics. I could link it but I won’t. You’re welcome, everyone. :wink:

I do not know about songs but anything with metal or techno music could go deleted as far as I am concerned. :wink:

2 Likes

No, surely your joking Rox, how could you?
That’s got to be the best cheesy pop song of all time. Soley Soley was a cheesy classic too!

I would have thought Middle of The Road were a feather in Scotland’s cap ?

A cheesy feather granted!

2 Likes

Oh no, what have I done?! Since I looked up that song, my youtube feed is filled with cheesy songs from the 50’s and 60’s. Gah! Make it go away! :joy:

3 Likes