If you could live abroad in a beach apartment where would you choose and Why?

I would live in Spain to try and help all the galgos and podencos who are so horribly abused over there .

2 Likes

Croatia. I felt completely at home there and just loved everything.

2 Likes

No abroad for me. A huge sea front apartment with massive balcony overlooking the Dorset coast - perfect.

I fancy Sandbanks, but slightly out of my reach financially!

5 Likes

Likewise, somewhere in the UK , a stretch of coastline with a rocky beach at low tide for exploring and foraging. I’d take some training and get a fishing kayak and if money were no object take The RYA Power Boat Course and go for one of these…

Dream on!!

4 Likes

The problem with somewhere like Sandbanks is someone is always demolishing a house and rebuilding on the land! They’re all at it. But yes, I’ve been through there many times, catching the ferry over to Swanage and beyond, and it is a beautiful part of the country.

I don’t know where I’d rather be. Not thought about it.

3 Likes

Beautiful , i like muddybanks

1 Like

Me and Mrs Fox would go and live in Guernsey at the drop of a hat if they’d have us. Apparently you need quite a lot of brass and they are very fussy who they let in.
The weather can be rubbish though, and the traffic in summertime is outrageous. I never drove while I was there and walked everywhere. The Island is only five miles across and about ten miles long. Well within walking and jogging distance for me. The bus service is brilliant, and it’s like stepping back in time, totally stressless for Mrs Fox and me. A nice clifftop cabin would do us fine, close to the cliff path which goes right around the island.
We used to go every year until covid, and now we’ve let our passports run out.

4 Likes

Tough question. It would have to be where english
Is widely spoken . Next it would have to have a warm climate with good services like hospital, transport , restaurant’s, shops etc. can’t actually say I have not found anywhere abroad I would like to live near a beach

1 Like

Guernsey is a wonderful place Foxy, green, lush and very largely unspoiled. As you say you’d need a pretty healthy bank account to move there, the islanders won’t be having the pleasure of my company :wink:

I don’t know what the criteria are for obtaining residency, I’ll have to have a Google later and enlighten myself :+1:

3 Likes

Yep…My shangri-La Chilli… :+1:

2 Likes

Ravello, on the Amalfi coast, but only during the Summer months.

1 Like

gettyimages-200418617-001-612x612

I’m not sure if I posted image correctly!

4 Likes

Ok. I made it. :grinning:

3 Likes

Beautiful rose….ive travelled , but never to italy !

1 Like

We visited the Leaning Tower, Florence and Rome during a cruise, I liked what I saw but Mum and Dad loved Sorrento but we didn’t go there, and I would love to visit and spend more time in Italy than you get during a cruise.

Foxy’s world tour…
I need to have a word with the advertising agency, nobody’s turned up…

2 Likes

I too loved Sorrento. Mum and I stayed there for a holiday once, as well as doing day trips from tours.

3 Likes

I’m staying where I am . I already have a sea view.
Yes sorry I know I’m being boring. :wink:

3 Likes

I understand ripple
Im staying put also,
But if it was 20 yrs ago before hubbys illness
I would def be going somewhere warmer than the uk with another sea view

3 Likes

I have been a few beach places. Possibly one is the Taiwan on the South Coast. Also on the beach of the very coast of Spain - beyond of Gibraltar (Tarifa.)

Hawai’i and Seward Alaska (though still the U.S) are mind-blowing beautiful, but I’m mostly content with my little getaway place where the dogs can run and the travel time is 30 minutes in the minivan.

1 Like