If you could live abroad in a beach apartment where would you choose and Why?

For me it would have to be Halki ,in Greece ,
Such a small and beautiful island , only 45minutes from Rhodes !

2 Likes

Halki

IMG_0907

4 Likes

Sidari in Corfu for me :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve always loved the idea of getting a place in America, perhaps a lake house more than a beach apartment.

We had family that used to live up in Florida and would regularly visit. Since then, I’ve had the itch to go back. Perhaps once I retire, this could be something I persuade the husband to look into lol. :grin:

1 Like

@Cosmos6 No apartments for me thanks. Now a well-proportioned detached abode would suit me fine and one set on Hawaii main island would be the cat’s whiskers if it had enough land.

2 Likes

Give me a cottage beside a lake, surrounded by mountains, trees and nature anytime.

5 Likes

Now that I have nothing really keeping me here I have been considering spending the winters doing just that! Though maybe not in an apartment. Perhaps 6 months here and 6 there! :lol:

I’m drawn to one of the islands in Thailand…

2 Likes

Beautiful , my son lives in the Philippines now

1 Like

Beautiful maree

Marthas vineyard has always appealed to me and Maine

I think I’ll say Cascais, Portugal. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere too quiet and isolated.

2 Likes

I would live in Spain to try and help all the galgos and podencos who are so horribly abused over there .

2 Likes

Croatia. I felt completely at home there and just loved everything.

2 Likes

No abroad for me. A huge sea front apartment with massive balcony overlooking the Dorset coast - perfect.

I fancy Sandbanks, but slightly out of my reach financially!

5 Likes

Likewise, somewhere in the UK , a stretch of coastline with a rocky beach at low tide for exploring and foraging. I’d take some training and get a fishing kayak and if money were no object take The RYA Power Boat Course and go for one of these…

Dream on!!

4 Likes

The problem with somewhere like Sandbanks is someone is always demolishing a house and rebuilding on the land! They’re all at it. But yes, I’ve been through there many times, catching the ferry over to Swanage and beyond, and it is a beautiful part of the country.

I don’t know where I’d rather be. Not thought about it.

3 Likes

Beautiful , i like muddybanks

1 Like

Me and Mrs Fox would go and live in Guernsey at the drop of a hat if they’d have us. Apparently you need quite a lot of brass and they are very fussy who they let in.
The weather can be rubbish though, and the traffic in summertime is outrageous. I never drove while I was there and walked everywhere. The Island is only five miles across and about ten miles long. Well within walking and jogging distance for me. The bus service is brilliant, and it’s like stepping back in time, totally stressless for Mrs Fox and me. A nice clifftop cabin would do us fine, close to the cliff path which goes right around the island.
We used to go every year until covid, and now we’ve let our passports run out.

4 Likes

Tough question. It would have to be where english
Is widely spoken . Next it would have to have a warm climate with good services like hospital, transport , restaurant’s, shops etc. can’t actually say I have not found anywhere abroad I would like to live near a beach

1 Like

Guernsey is a wonderful place Foxy, green, lush and very largely unspoiled. As you say you’d need a pretty healthy bank account to move there, the islanders won’t be having the pleasure of my company :wink:

I don’t know what the criteria are for obtaining residency, I’ll have to have a Google later and enlighten myself :+1:

3 Likes