If you could have a drink with anyone from history, who would it be and why?

You would end up having a lot more than one drink with Keith Floyd… so see if he would cook you a nice dinner too! :grinning:

4 Likes

Jesus, to find out who he really was.

1 Like

You mean you don’t know already?

2 Likes

:grinning: Doubting Thomas.

2 Likes

Careful, he might trick you … changing wine to water, whatever …

2 Likes

Well … he had to have something to walk on!

2 Likes

Am I allowed another person??

Is so - I would choose Eieanor of Aquitaine - an amazingly intelligent, well educated, and very powerful woman!

2 Likes

As a believer in Christ…I would loved to have sat at a table with my Saviour Jesus and drank wine together…

I would shove everyone else out of the way :sweat_smile: so there would only be Him and I. :heartpulse::pray:

2 Likes

Am sure that wouldn’t have freaked him out at all. If you manage it, then we’ll be reading how Jesus turned water in gin. :grin::wink::joy::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I think it would be Byron, Frida Kahlo or Shakespeare

1 Like

ST, I would also like another person too. For me it would be John Napier - he invented logarithms, the Laird of Merchiston Castle in Edinburgh. That’s where I did my engineering education… While I’m at it I might as well throw in J.M. Barrie who was the author of Peter Pan. He lived in Kirriemuir which is the school I went to.

1 Like

A very useful invention!

1 Like

I suppose being an engineer has some uses…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to bet in years to come, when people are asked who from history would you like to have a drink with, they will reply…“Old Grey Fox” off that forum…
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes.But don’t expect him to pay.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the other fella that’s a bit tricky :wink:

1 Like

Tut Tut! Not very meek behavior.

1 Like

Boudica -

2 Likes

As many as you like :grin:

That’s a tough one! Need to give it some extra thinking! :wink: