If you could have a drink with anyone from history, who would it be and why?

:beers: :clinking_glasses:
Anyone at all

1 Like

my Gt Gran Id ask family related questions ,A few mysteries there to be solved .

2 Likes

Intriguing

1 Like

Who would you Furry ?and Why

1 Like

There are so many ….
Leonardo da Vinci and Oliver Cromwell

2 Likes

Adolf Hitler…I’ve only ever heard one side of the story.

1 Like

Princess Diana it would be so interesting

2 Likes

Mary Queen of Scots… She was robbed…and lost Her head!

3 Likes

Abraham Lincoln,I read a book about his life and was amazed at what he achieved as a child and i would love to hear about his wife and family and of course what he did for the USA when president.

1 Like

Sgt Major Basil Plumley US Army played by Sam Elliott in the film, ‘We were Soldiers’ (once, and young) Lt. Col. Hal Moore’s right hand man. A warrior.
He had a very dry sense of humour, was a great leader of men and had a strong bond with his commander.
I used a lot of his quips when I reached that rank.

1 Like

Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong, why ?

1 Like

my grandfathers who I never knew

2 Likes

Henry The Eighth although I’d be very careful not to spill his pint!

2 Likes

James Watt, Scots inventor.

2 Likes

Edith Cavel. Because I think she did what most belive is right, but few have the courage to achive.

From wiki with a little modifaction.

Edith Louisa Cavell was a British nurse celebrated for saving the lives of soldiers from both sides without discrimination and for helping some 200 Allied soldiers escape from German-occupied Belgium during the First World War, for which she was arrested under martial law & then executed as a spy.

The night before her execution she said. “Patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone.”

4 Likes

Stalin…I have always found him fascinating.
Evil but fascinating.

3 Likes

I’d take Pot Luck - I’m interested in so many periods of history both in UK and around the World, so I’d be interested in sitting down for a drink and a chat with anyone from history to give me an insight into what life was like for them in their period of history.

It would be interesting to hear from those in charge of making big and far-reaching decisions but it would be even more revealing from a social history perspective if my drinking buddy was an average member of the public and not anybody from the rich or ruling classes.

2 Likes

Victoria Wood
I met her once she made me a coffee .
Yes I’d like another coffee with Victoria.

2 Likes

Nicholas II of Russia,
I would like to hear his side of the story as to why the people turned against his family.

1 Like

In Acorn Antiques? :laughing:

1 Like