If you could have a drink with anyone from history, who would it be and why?

That would be fascinating

It would be because I think that a lot of his family died

1 Like

Coffee Acorn Antiques would be delightful Mr Furry

1 Like

Historically - Anne Boleyn

Genealogically - my great x 3 paternal grandmother - in 1820s she spent a month in Dorset gaol for assault - had to pay a Ā£10 fine and write a letter of aplology before they would release her. I would love to know the full story!

4 Likes

Liz Truss. Just one questionā€¦why?

2 Likes

George Harrison ā€¦ thought he was cool when I was 10, thought he was cool when I was 20. I was shocked when he died.

ā€¦ not half as talented as John, but I imagine George would make a better imaginary bloke to have a drink with.

3 Likes

Jesus, Freddie mercury and Princess Diana

Most of all my beloved Sister Julia

2 Likes

JMWTurner.
He seemed such an ordinary sort of bloke but could paint such masterpieces.

2 Likes

Alan Turning - the father of computing - my hero! :blush:

Iā€™d also have loved to just chat with early humans, I bet that would be a fascinating insight into (true) human and societal behaviour (rather than the doctrine forced upon society by religions and govts!)

2 Likes

Good choice If I may say so. Iā€™d include Tesla but am I limited to just one choice?

3 Likes

Yea, Tesla, Faraday, Edison, Marconiā€¦I wonder how amazed they would be with what we have done with electricityā€¦
:astonished:

3 Likes

You mean like pricing it out of existance??

1 Like

Ha haā€¦no Tabby, LEDā€™s, Wifi, sonar, radar, flat screen TVā€™s, mobile phones, skype, Electric vehicles, Lithium Battery technologyā€¦and digital technology. Itā€™s never about cost with me ā€¦Iā€™m just fascinated by electronicsā€¦
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™d like him to run through a couple of things I didnā€™t understand in his lectures about candles :wink:

2 Likes

If it was for a drink companion, Iā€™d choose Gen. George S. Patton.
He was smart, tough, brave, and led us to victory during WWII. Gruff, spic and span fanatic, Iā€™d bet heā€™d entertain me for a few hours! They donā€™t make men like Patton anymore. Iā€™d even buy him a drink, but he most probably would laugh at me, then get us each another one!

1 Like

Obviously any of my ancestors other than that it would be Keith Floyd.

2 Likes

You would end up having a lot more than one drink with Keith Floydā€¦ so see if he would cook you a nice dinner too! :grinning:

4 Likes

Jesus, to find out who he really was.

1 Like

You mean you donā€™t know already?

2 Likes

:grinning: Doubting Thomas.

2 Likes