Ideas For Saving On Heating And Keeping Warm At The Expense Of Others. Any Suggestions?

Take up a job of house-sitting and pet-sitting for people who go away on holidays.
Then you can switch off your heating or turn it right down to frost setting, while you live in your client’s house and use their heating and hot water.

I have some friends, a retired married couple, who have a few wealthy clients for whom they work as “house-sitters” - they look after their pets, their home and their garden while they are on holiday.
They love dogs and cats but haven’t had any pets of their own since their last dog died - now they enjoy looking after their clients’ pets instead.
They don’t charge a fee for house-sitting but the owners always give them generous gifts, either in cash or in presents - plus they can close their own home and save on fuel bills - and they get to live in some lovely well appointed homes for a few weeks at a time and enjoy the use of lovely gardens, swimming pool, home gym - plus the owners always leave the fridge, freezers and drinks cupboard well stocked and tell them to help themselves.

My friends tell me these “house-sitting” jobs feel like they are on a luxury holiday - and they are all close enough to home for them to maintain their social life and to nip home to check on their own little bungalow if they need to.

They’ve missed all these little perks during lockdown but people are starting to travel again and they are back to “house-sitting” again now.

1 Like

Apart from the trap door ( at the rear) pants had a fly at the front .
I doubt girls were sewn in probaby buttoned in ie the vest was buttoned to the knickers .
In the Middle Ages men wore braies as underwear and woman wore chemises a sort of long vest .
In Victorian time knickers had a split crotch for obvious reasons under those big frocks .

1 Like

That’s how the term ‘a pair of knickers’ came into being, because originally they were two separate knickers, one knicker for each leg (and buttock!) which were joined at the waist with elastic or ties - this can be clearly seen in your picture.

When I was very little I wore a liberty bodice a sort of padded vest .
It had rubber buttons .

Become an MP then just live in the second home and you can claim all the expenses :grinning:

1 Like

Oi @Muddy Have you been taking photos through my window?

.92ca14748a082da555cff26c89282ac6774fd5b9_2_600x600

Be still my heart :laughing:

Muddy, l’m sure, you wouldn’t say that after many years of wear… they’d be a bit ‘you know what’!!

Not at anyone else’s expense, but maybe an electric blanket would help? They don’t take much electricity and give a lot of warmth between a couple heavy regular blankets.

We watch Netflix for a couple of hours in the afternoon … in a warm bed.

We also go out for a walk 2, 3, 4 times a day. Keep the blood circulating, best way for old folk to keep warm.

1 Like

Boot, Thank You! Your post made me laugh so much!

1 Like

I love it, it looks just like a mermaids tail!

2 Likes

:laughing:…Maree, it looks worse in real life!

Even the poor countries that ask for knitted squares would send it back as a reject!

Sex. :smiley::smiley:

Ah yes, rubber buttons. Those remind me of the stocking suspenders with their rubber retainers that pushed through the metal clip with some stocking top hem with it😁

1 Like

What? Sacks on the bed? Or wear six coats?

Mr Fraggle, please be realistic! :laughing:

Mr Fraggle has lots of things on his mind today, Arty. :joy:

Pixie, Really? I must investigate!!

At your own risk then… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am always up for an investigation by members of the fairer sex. :hot_face:

1 Like