Ideas For Saving On Heating And Keeping Warm At The Expense Of Others. Any Suggestions?

What? Sacks on the bed? Or wear six coats?

Mr Fraggle, please be realistic! :laughing:

Mr Fraggle has lots of things on his mind today, Arty. :joy:

Pixie, Really? I must investigate!!

At your own risk then… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am always up for an investigation by members of the fairer sex. :hot_face:

1 Like

Am surprised you’re so picky nowadays lol.

1 Like

As long as their female I’m not.
Funny

2 Likes

PMSL and then some :grin::clap::+1:

1 Like

This came up in my news feed today…Martin Lewis shares some advice. Mostly regarding heated blankets, hand warmers, and electric gilets.

And someone wrote a comment about Universal Credit!
Good tips but it’s 2022 in one of the world’s wealthiest economies & we’re one step away from the Universal Credit journal suggesting claimants Google how Bear Grylls went about sleeping in a deer carcass to keep warm. Anyway, hope your Californian holiday pad is cosy Mr Sunak.”

Ideas For Saving On Heating And Keeping Warm At The Expense Of Others. Any Sugge

Go to Spain during the winter months.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Set fire to your neighbour’s house, it will cost you nothing and keep you warm for a night.

1 Like

Meanwhile, your neighbours are now homeless, and will have to bunk up with you, since it was your fault and stuff, so you can all live together under one roof, halving the bills anyway while enjoying the extra body heat! :+1: .

Until you get carted off to jail for arson, and then your neighbours get your house. :joy:

1 Like

Sell your house and belongings and live long term in a cheap hotel. No more repair costs, no council tax, no TV licence to worry about, someone else does your bedding, heating bills not down to you, etc etc etc.

I read about an older woman who did that - sold everything she owned apart from clothes, and lived the rest of her days on a cruise ship. She was in her 80’s mind you, but bright as a button. She loved the fact she would see out her days travelling the world :smiley: :passenger_ship:

2 Likes

Cheap burial at sea too would be a nice ending.

Quote…Jon Wilson said: "Good tips but it’s 2022 in one of the world’s wealthiest economies & we’re one step away from the Universal Credit journal suggesting claimants Google how Bear Grylls went about sleeping in a deer carcass to keep warm. Anyway, hope your Californian holiday pad is cosy Mr Sunak.

Pixie, Thank You for posting the article. This part of the article, summed it up for me. 2022… how did we come to this?

1 Like

Yes, knowing that Mackerel (the scavengers of the sea) had fed off your carcass and would later be available to be bought by maybe your relatives, in supermarkets!

2 Likes

Ha! Ewww :face_vomiting:

This is what I would love to do Pixie i would love it . I’ll have to wait till I’m 80+ or the money may run out and they throw me off the ship .

If only I could

1 Like

Do it Susan! It would seem the rules of life have all changed now, and there is no normal anymore. So if there is anything to do that makes you happy I would say go for it :joy: (Its a tad expensive for cruising though! :thinking: )

1 Like