I saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

hi everyone
just thought id share with you that id recently looked at taking out one of these plans.i asked someone one to search a lot of providers on the market as it was a minefield.
glad i did and looks like im going to be saving at least 10 thousand pounds!!
happy to forward their details to anyone
hope this helps
paulr

1 Like

I have done this too - the problem is I may have chosen the wrong funeral director thinking more on it - too late now …

Well if you’ve saved ten thousand pounds you can always donate it to us here for a forum bash. :-p

Saved 10 grand? how ever much were you planning to spend on a funeral. I wouldn’t spend half that on a funeral, tbh.

Makes you wonder …or shudder …over what the average cost of a funeral is now doesn’t it.

yes saved 10 grand!
fueral on average today is 4 thousand but apparently cost is rising about 8 per cent a year. i checked with national funeral trust!so in 15 to 20 years going to cost heck of a lot more.locked it in at todays price.as i said happy to pass on the person who did it for me

Hello Paul, we don’t allow spamming or use related selling on this site so please keep your comments general.
Thank you.

Most Funeral directors will let you pay up front , the thing is will they still be around when you pop off.

My brother’s GF has just got a new job in a funeral directors and she has taken out a funeral plan because she said she had no idea of the costs involved before she got this job…

Mum wants to be buried in a wicker casket or a pretty one with butterlies but she says the cost would prevent her… But did you know you do not have to buy your coffin from the funeral director?

There are no rules saying you have to have one of theirs so save a few 100 or 1,000. I love some of the more funky designs featured here and I sent mum the link but now she says shes spolit for choice! Not that shes planning anything anytime soon.

http://coffincompany.co.uk/wicker-coffins

talk about myths …

http://www.naturaldeath.org.uk/index.php?page=trying-to-make-sense-of-grief

I wonder what would happen if the funeral directors went bankrupt . Would they be able to honour the contract in years to come .

As for my funeral I’ve told the kids it’s to be as cheap as possible . I like my bargains !

i asked that as well
but company i went with put the money with the national funeral trust fund which protects my money if my chosen directors went bump

i just dont want to leave my son to have to organise a funeral either.so got it sorted in advance

So have I, susan, nothing flash, just get the job done, cheaply !

hello
oh ok
just thought it may help to let others know
ive only joined today forgive me

I want to be put out with the bins

Which Bin the Recycle one :lol:

Its a trust fund - so if the funeral directors go bust, you just choose another one

I would rather save the money in my own savings building society and get the interest on it. Lets face it if and when we at sometime pass on we don’t have that worry anyway about meeting funeral costs.

So are these funeral plans a scam to get money and make money from people? I leave it up to the individual to decide.

As long as there is enough money in the deceased estate to cover funeral costs why give it to money grabbing funeral companies

Think I’m past recycling it will have to be landfill

Did this around 6 year ago. You know it makes sense Rodney!