I saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

There is nothing more cold bloodied than the price of death.
Funeral directors are out to make as much as they can .
Cemeteries ( not all but town ones ) have every angle covered to charge as much as possible for every service .
It’s a national disgrace the way that bereaved grieving people are harassed and charged huge amounts at the very time they are most vulnerable .

I did it so that Fabs didn’t have to concern himself with it

Ooo lovely jubbly - well done Trig …:-p

i read if you are on any benefits , its paid for out of the social fund …
there must be thousands that dont pay for their own funerals .

I wouldn’t take advice from anyone who just joined a forum and thought I might need some.
I would tell them the same as I tell cold callers, I am capable of finding my own information thank you. That way I don’t end up paying commission to anyone :-).

I’ve saved much more by not paying anything at all … and cheating death all of these 69 years.

Is that what you tell them, Meg? What I tell them wouldn’t be fit to print here on the forum. :lol:

Call me suspicious, but Paul seems to know an awful lot about the financial side to ones demise. He should get a job as a salesman - if he hasn’t already.

We get selling on the phone, through the letter box, on the telly, on the radio, in the paper, on the internet, even stuck to the side of buses and on the side of the road and now on the forum.

And why has this thread not been disposed of in the proper manner?

Dear oh dear.you try and give friendly advice to people .i know a lot because I have an open mind and did my research 1st
Would anyone like to chat about gardening?

:-p I’m going to tease you mercilessly here and say …

Is this where you tell us about getting yourself buried amongst your own flower beds?

No in the compost

I am having a woodland burial in a cardboard box and no funeral so discussing compost is entirely appropriate , that is what I will be providing, ‘compost’ food for the woodland trees and flowers :mrgreen:

I’m really not bothered about pre paying for my own funeral. I’d rather spend the money now.
When I’m gone the kids can well afford to pay for the funeral and then claim the money back from my estate.

I have of course left instructions on the kind of funeral I want and the music etc…

I am already in deep discussion with you in the gardening topics.

Same here Carol, It’s not something that I want to add to the ever growing list of things to worry about, like how soon can I be stretched out on a golden sandy beach under a clear blue sky clutching a G&T…

My husband and I want the cheapest possible funerals, with no sentimental nonsense. It is a pity bodies can’t be put in the recycling bin!:smiley:

You can, as long as you cut the body into small enough pieces to fit in the little green bags.

A good tip: don’t put the body parts in the bin until the day before collection, the smell may give you away.

That’s the only problem with over 50’s forums, instead of people trying to sell you 18-30s style holidays they try to sell you funeral plans.:wink:

That was well thought out Carol, good for you! :slight_smile:

Maybe one could opt to be cut up and fed to animals in the zoo?:mrgreen: