I said goodbye to Chloe for the last time yesterday

I had to say goodbye to Chloe for he last time yesterday :icon_sad: she was almost 15.
The decision 'when ’ was taken out of my hands when Chloe stopped eating and started being sick so unable to keep down her medication.
Her dementia had progressed to the stage where she didn’t want to do anything and quality of life was nil. She had ‘issues’ too including spinal pain.

I have always stayed with my dogs while they went to sleep but couldn’t do it this time so my son took her to the vets for me.

I have had schnauzers since 1964 when I was 15 and a kind lady gave me a schnauzer puppy, it will seem strange not to have one.

I just Pippin the Cockapoo is half the dog Chloe was…

6 Likes

Oh Meg I an so sorry and sad for you
We can only love them and do our best for them in life until the end .
xx

1 Like

Deepest condolences for your loss Meg.

1 Like

Absolutely heartbreaking, my prayers are very much with you at this sad time,:pray::heartpulse:

Chloe has gone to join the others, my Rosie is there, over the rainbow bridge.

1 Like

Very sad to hear this Meg. :sob:

1 Like

Wonderful treasured memories nobody can take away, so keep them in mind. A faithful companion and your best friend, you can be proud of that.

1 Like

sorry for your loss Meg , its hard saying goodbye.You have your memories to draw on now…

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Meg :cry: I remember when you just got her :sob:

Those of us who know you will know Chloe couldn’t have asked for a better guardian - she had a wonderful life with you and I’m sure she loved you just as much as you loved her.

It’s also amazing how you’ve had Schnauzers all that time - when you’re feeling up to it, you should definitely consider writing a book about them :hugs:

Run free Chloe, you’ll be missed xx

1 Like

Dear Meg , I am thinking of you :heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this, it’s the worst thing about pets. It just brings you to your knees. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, Meg. Sending hugs. :cry::two_hearts:

1 Like

Meg I am so sorry to hear this because I know how much you did together. I know there will be tears because you will miss her, but in time the happy memories will return & remind you of the times she made you smile.
You can never replace a dog you loved so much, but I am sure Pippin will create some nice times too.
Thinking of you. :heart:

1 Like

My heart is with you,Meg, I’m so sorry.
I’m scared of the day I’ll have to do the same with Sari.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Meg, it’s heartbreaking to say goodbye but it was the right decision if she had no quality of life and couldn’t take her meds, it part of being a responsible owner as no doubt you are, it’s so important to stay with your pet so there is a familiar voice that she knows as your son did, you will always have happy memories of your time together

1 Like

Oh Meg, l am so sorry to read this. Chloe was a little legend on this forum. I even felt, l knew her.
I remember when it was snowing and you carried her across the field, even with your ailments, it must’ve been very difficult for you.
Yes, we have lovely memories of our lovely pets but they are like your children and it’s such a tough time.

As for your new arrival Pippin, she sounds a right handful… but she will help you bear your loss of Chloe… your little darling, darling girl…never to be forgotten. xx

1 Like

Oh Meg, I’m so, so sorry and sad to hear this, I know how devoted you were to your lovely Chloe and my heart goes out to you.

You have many lovely memories to help you through your sorrow and I feel your lovely Pippin will help to provide comfort for you. xx :heart:

1 Like

Hi Mags I’m so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news .
It’s never easy saying goodbye to a loved fur baby. X

1 Like

Hi

I am so, so, sorry to hear this.

You gave her a fantastic life, no one could have done better for her.

1 Like

It is always sad when a much loved pet dies. I haven’t had a dog for years since my Border Collie died about the same age as yours, his companion had died many years earlier from a spider bite.

Very sad.

1 Like

Hello @Meg

So very sorry to hear your sad loss.
I know Chloe had a fantastic life with you I like a few on here I recall you getting her after your heart-breaking loss with Millie when Chloe arrived,she drove the March rain away, she was always your pride and joy a delight.
Remembering also how you told us how besotted she was with Hannah and how she put young Springer Zak in his place.

In fact, when we first met all those years ago about 2004 or so I think, you were then and always will be to me actually known as Minihaha and you had your beloved Amy (schnauzer legend).

i am sure Pippin will be a great companion to you.

1 Like