I need help to set a booby trap please

I’m sorry to hear about your husband , hope the paint does the trick.

That looks as though it could be painful Bruce! :smiley:

Thanks Ripple. I’m not using him as an excuse for not having a camera but at one time he could have fixed it - no problem. Unfortunately, now everything is up to me.

My son might help if I ask him but I don’t like to bother anybody. I may end up doing that if my method doesn’t work.:slight_smile:

Just a thought, what happens when they come to read the meter? Is the one person who can open the box legally going to get covered in paint? Doubt they will be chuffed about it. :wink:

It doesn’t need to be opened.

We have a smart meter.

They can come to read it occasionally, and always do if you change your supplier. :wink:

Warn the meter reader to wear gloves.

I wish whoever had caused the damage could read this thread and see the anguish they have caused…I.hope the paint works Carol.

Thanks for your replies & understanding & sympathy everybody.

If you’ve got good neighbours be thankful. :slight_smile:

I’ve just brought this thread up again to say the vandals have been having another go - however they didn’t succeed.

The meter cupboard was sealed up with Gorilla tape & smothered over with sticky anti vandal paint that doesn’t dry. There was a warning sign on the door.

In spite of this they have had a go. Looks like they have used a bar or something to attempt to prise the door off without touching it. They managed to leave an inch gap at the top between cupboard & door. However the sides & bottom are still in tact so it must have been too much for them.

I like to think we’ve defeated them now but I guess they may be back.

I’m just wondering what kind of idiot gets their kicks doing this?

Just as a matter of interest how do the meter readers read the meter with all this protection on the meter cabinet?

Personally i think the wildlife camera is the best bet still if you want to catch them, the cameras are cheap enough.

Bruce - I’ve got a smart meter. The meter doesn’t have to be read. The readings go straight to the supplier.

I think if I had a camera they would probably try to destroy the camera - maybe spray paint all over it or smash it up depending on how high on the wall it is.

Or of course they could wear face covering.

I can’t really be doing with the bother of all that…

Carol, some neighbours didn’t like what you did by putting that bollard up, maybe that’s why they are trying it on?

It’s like a revenge for them, it’s not the right way imo to do that , but there it is…some neighbours can make ones life a misery, as we’ve seen many tv programs showing this, some disputes can also lead to murder…personally I would get what I have cctv…you can then use it as evidence, which I have done in the past.

May not be the neighbours but a random soul out on the lookout for anything something; lots of strange souls around, but at least your “solution” held.

Makes me count my blessings!

Kazz - yes, I’m not convince it’s the neighbours. It could well be a gang of youths when they go down the side lane where our meter is - on the way to the park late at night where they go to take drugs.

Nasty neighbours or Drug ridden youths - anybody’s guess…

The police have been on the them but they just start again…
Edit: About the drugs I mean.

@carol Just out for mischief

Do it, I would, it would serve them right.

I’d add that you could buy a small security camera which, assuming you could mount it in a suitable location to monitor the area, you could then produce evidence of the perpetrator destroying equipment belonging to your energy supplier. Perhaps they’d have more clout if it came to a prosecution.

Hi again everybody.
Just to say the vandals came back & completely removed the meter cupboard door. They just left it lying on the floor.

I realised it needed more drastic action so I got a man to make & erect a cage around it.

Also I’m going to get a camera. I’m going to contact the man who put us a burgler alarm in many years ago when we had the shop - ask his advice on cameras & employ him to install one.