I’m A Celebrity 2021 - Fans wanted more, and that's exactly what they will get

During last years series, viewers slammed the show for not being hard enough, but producers have confirmed that this series will be tougher.

Speaking from Gwyrch Castle, Executive Producer Olly Nash said: “We did set out at the beginning to make it much tougher. They are in for longer, the trials are bigger. The trials were limited last year and this time they are much closer to the Australian series in terms of scale.

“Absolutely they are harder and bigger and there are more trials over the series than ever before and more triallists taking part. That was the learnings of having one series here.

“We have 24 trials this year, I think normally it is closer to 20 in a full series, it is the most ever and absolutely the most celebrities taking part.”

We shall see … :069:

Any show that has people eating living things is not my idea of entertainment.

4 Likes

I hate it hate it hate it.

Years ago I watched the very first series
That was enough.

3 Likes

I never watch those trials.

I never liked the eating trials yuk…But I used to enjoy watching it, but as been said I think it’s old hat now.

1 Like

I’ll be watching

Watched it years ago (when Celebs were Celebs :icon_wink:), ain’t watched the Dancing program at all.
A program called “I’m a Celebrity get me out of this Dancehall” might be a goer. :laughing:

3 Likes

I liked The Bare Necessities, same kind of thing two teams surviving the outdoors, along with a few challenges.

Never watched any series of this programme.

I’m A Celebrity is set to return tonight, and it will start with a bang as terrified celebrities are dumped in a quarry and forest in the middle of North Wales.

Louise Minchin, Naughty Boy, Snoochie Shy and Danny Miller meet for the first time at a house overlooking the sea, while Matty Lee, Kadeena Cox, David Ginola and Dame Arlene Phillips are dropped off at a stately home.

The two teams get to know each other before they are faced with their first challenge - which involves getting into a helicopter and arriving at a quarry, while the other team are dumped in a forest.

Presenters Ant and Dec are waiting at the scene, where Ant tells them: “This year is going to be tougher than ever, all the celebrities will face gruelling challenges on their way to the castle to win the keys to the Castle.”

Dec adds: “And you will all face the first challenge, but not as a team. Instead, you will be going head to head. In this first challenge Louise you will face Danny and Naughty Boy you will face Snoochie. The winning team will get to pick which two celebrities from the other group will represent them in the next challenge.”

Ant then tells them: “The team that wins the keys will have access to main camp in the Castle, where you will get a bed, a warm fire and you will eat tonight. Whilst the losers will be banished to the Castle Clink and be on basic rations. Not the place you want to be.”

… and it will be very cold in the Castle Clink … :cold_face:

I watched it tonight for want of something better to do.

Thought it was boring!!

Oooh the plank . I couldn’t do it . I know they are held up by the crane but it really wobbles

I’ve just finished the first episode and I’m thinking “so far, so good” … :thinking:

For a start, Wales looks decidedly inhospitable (which it can be - I lived just up the road from Gwrych Castle for 7 years and I could see Snowdonia from the top of our hill) - no shorts’n’T’s for the new lot.

Secondly, first impressions of the new lot were mixed but generally favourable - only one instant dislike - Snoochie Shy - the potty-mouth.

The plank-walk was as, ever, terrifying and the first of what turned to be the “girls team” (Red), Louise, won and then “Potty-Mouth” followed.

In the forest, Kadeena and Matty easily beat Arlene and David in a “spanner in the snakepit” duel.

At which point, two new entrants emerged, Frankie and Richard - the girls team picked the girl, the boys team (Yellow) was left with Richard - these two then participated in the Turrets of Terror (chambers, bugs,keys, stairs) to gain the key to the Castle - both were game but Frankie was quicker.

So, it’s Louise, Snoochie, Kadeena, Frankie and Matty in the Castle and David, Richard, Arlene, Naughty and Danny in the Clink - both “abodes” were cold and unwelcoming but the Castle had rabbit for supper, the Clink had rice’n’beans.

Can it get any worse?

Yes - Danny the Vomiter had been selected for the next trial - “Dreaded Diner” … :scream:

1 Like

I thought it was good too…very promising. I was so surprised by Frankie she just got on with it…no girlie screams she was brilliant. One to watch I think…go Frankie!

Looking forward to tonight Danny had better man up or he will be voted for every challenge…we shall see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Daveed has a fault - he snores … :scream:

… the rest found out while they couldn’t sleep on the cold, cold floor of the Clink … :cold_face:

Meanwhile, in Camp, where it’s like a screaming schoolgirls sleepover - another revelation from Potty-Mouth - she has a “padded bum” … :roll_eyes:

In the Clink, they discover that they will be doing the Camp’s washing up … :frowning_face:

Daveed is undaunted, 'owever … when Naughty asks about his “12-minute death”, Daveed draws only the positive from it and then suggests getting back to coping in the Clink … :+1:

A-ha … a challenge - Louise and Matty (Red) v Richard and Arlene (Yellow) answered questions on campmates for cake - a Yellow win … :exclamation: … a cheer-up for the Clink … :cake:

The “Diner”:

Danny was terrified but Daveed gave him the coach “talk” - Potty-Mouth was confident and needed no talk.

For the first time in my memory, I noticed “sick buckets” placed in view … :astonished:

It began:

Cow Teat v Sheep Foot
Pig Brain V Fermented Egg
Fermented Catfish v Cow Nose
Goat Testicle v Fish Eye (with a “bonus” including Pigs Uterus)
Bull Penis v Cow Anus

… and ended on a “tie” (Danny’s vomit was, apparently, permitted since it occurred after he’d swallowed his “tucker” and been counted … :face_vomiting:)

The fastest to drink fermented tofu was … Danny … :038:

Potty-Mouth was not happy and slunk off to have a breakdown with the girls … :010:

Danny, obviously, was delighted to announce his victory, which was rewarded with a pike - sadly, just one fish too may for Danny, who stuck to the vegetables … but all those in the Clink will sleep the sounder … :sleeping:

Next:

Snoochie is voted in for the trial and the Camp will have to nominate her adversary - surely not Danny, Daveed or Arlene, so Naughty or Richard … :thinking:

All will be revealed … :wink:

1 Like

I’ll not be watching this bit on catch up then.,eww!

2 Likes

I don’t watch the programme , but then I get no pleasure out of watching people be humiliated, frightened or being sick.

I don’t watch it either, but, if you are going to be humiliated, frightened or sick, may as well be paid for it!

Have you caught up yet?

The music producer took aim at the stars in the main camp as he fumed over being picked to take on Snoochie Shy in the Treacherous Traps challenge and said he was considering quitting the show.

He told his fellow stars in the Clink that he couldn’t fake a “love” for his fellow celebs after they sent him to the trial, as he explained how he doesn’t think “there is any love” between them, despite how much they might say it.

As he discussed it with his fellow celebs, Richard told him: “You’re reading too much into this. You did really well today and I know you keep saying ‘no I didn’t’, but yes you did.”

But he snapped back: “You’re missing my point. Doing a trial and a challenge on the same day is something no one has done. No one knows what I’m going through right now, please.”

The producer then went on to share how he “has a feeling” his time on the show is done, adding: “I do think my time here is done. I had a feeling earlier and I was thinking about mum and obviously I love you guys – I don’t think after knowing what the Main Camp probably knew what they were putting me through knowing I did the challenge earlier – I don’t know if I could ever join that camp. This isn’t a random big decision. I’ve tried my best both times today. I just can’t go from here into that Main Camp. I can’t fake that. I’m sorry. One thing I’ll tell you before you guys go into the Main Camp, as much as they say they love us, they love you, there is no love. When you guys go to the Main Camp, they’re the reason why I left.”

Arlene is also threatening to quit after the appalling living conditions in the Clink have left her demoralised.

TBH, I think Potty-Mouth’s arrogant attitude annoyed him before the trial - she is very annoying - during the trial she shrieked persistently - that was the last straw.

Spoiler

Naughty and Arlene stay long enough to confront the Girls when the Boys join the Camp and they both avoid nomination for the next trial.

TBH (2) The Shrieking Girls are getting on my nerves - I started skipping over their segments.

1 Like