I Like Discovering New Music

In this case, Older music.
Bee Gees started way back in 1958 in Redcliffe Brisbane Queensland.
On my 1st Birthday, March 22 1963 they released their Official Debut Single.
Here they are performing their Debut Single, The Battle of the Blue and the Grey on Bandstand on April 24, 1963. The song was written by Barry Gibb

2 Likes

If you like discovering new music you might like this Brett:

:smiley:

1 Like

Azz is still trying to push that racket I see. :grinning:

Nothing much new in pop interests me but I’ve fairly recently discovered Annelie.

3 Likes

@Bretrick If you like different music, the try Michael Cretu’s Enigma and below is a small sampler from an album👇

… and a popular single too👇

2 Likes

Bright Eyes - At The Bottom Of Everything

You like discovering new music? Explore the band Bright Eyes and it’s creator Conor Oberst. Conor has been making incredible music since 1995 (15 years old) to the present day (he just turned 44) with Bright Eyes and as a solo artist. You won’t be sorry.

1 Like

Some early Elkie Brooks

and Robert Palmer

2 Likes

@Bretrick What about a 6 chord Zither aka a Table Harp? My wife likes me to play mine to her when she is wanting to relax.

1 Like

@Bretrick On a stringed theme. did you hear Brian Jones playing his Dulcimer in their '66 hit, Lady Jane?

1 Like

The Mountain Goats - This Year

I “discovered” The Mountain Goats through this song, and the album it is on (The Sunset Tree) in 2005. The Indie Alternative rock band had been making music since 1991. I delved into their back catalogue of music and then followed them forward. There is no other band like The Mountain Goats, but I get much satisfaction from their music.

2 Likes

I have some of theirs.The last one I bought was The Life of the World to Come.Although I’m not at all religious I like it a lot.

2 Likes

Psmith, you are the first person I have ever known who is familiar with The Mountain Goats. Hooray for you. Yes, The Life Of The World To Come is a great album. You have superb taste.

1 Like

:grinning:And so do you,There is another poster here,furry Animal,who is a big fan too.
I think I first saw them on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert

1 Like

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (Parts 1 and 2) - The Flaming Lips

1 Like

@Bretrick Have you encountered the Guzheng? This wee lassie sure has the measure of hers :+1: If I had a spare £650 I would order one.

2 Likes

Death Cab For Cutie - The New Year

1 Like

Death Cab For Cutie - The Sound Of Settling

1 Like

No, I have never heard of this instrument.

The Decemberists - A Cautionary Tale

1 Like

The Decemberists - The Mariner’s Revenge Song

1 Like

The Verve Pipe - Spoonful Of Sugar

1 Like