I Hope l Am Not Being Blasphemous Here... But

Atheists just pick out the nice bits of religion ie. Christmas, Easter, Saint’s days.
It’s a bit cheeky don’t you think?

1 Like

Almost all cultures have Spring, Harvest and Midwinter festivals etc, it’s the way societies get together and celebrate and bond in thei culture

And getting together, celebrating with family and friends together as a community and a country is good for us

So I don’t think it much matters which celebrations we pick, really or why

2 Likes

Not really. I mean, how do you avoid these things? :102:

1 Like

But atheism is more than a lack of belief. It is a belief that believers are wrong.

1 Like

It seems to me that the best part about being an atheist is that it needs no effort. Why undermine that by arguing with people who have no intention of agreeing with you? :102:

1 Like

How does anyone know for sure they are an atheist, it might just be God letting them think they are, and using them as a yardstick for believers to reinforce their faith.

1 Like

According to that way of thinking: How does anybody know anything? :102:

Exactly my point>

A true athiests should be able to recite chapter & verse …

1 Like

All we can do is go through life assuming that we do know things, unless you can suggest a better alternative.

But why?

It what atheists are for, whereas a non-believer simply doesn’t give a toss.

1 Like

It can be tricky, trying not to speak with authority, on subjects we can not possibly know the answer to.

1 Like

In that case, I must be a non-giving tosser. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You only have to take a brief look at this forum to be able to say it seems more impossible than tricky. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah yes, well, he’ll certainly be more akin to his actual skin colour at birth rather than almost bleached white as portrayed in many paintings. Judeans of the time were biologically closer to the Iraqi Jews of that period than to any other contemporary population.
My favourite painting of one of my ancestors is by Salvador Dali👇

1 Like

Nope. There is no belief to be justified.

Why are so many people so set on trying to make other people feel stupid for what they believe? It’s fair enough if the “believers” are going round trying to get others to believe the same as them, but why the unprovoked insult to what they believe in? :102:

1 Like

For me it is simple. Atheism is the absence of theism. No insulting involved.

I was speaking generally, Besoeker, not about your comment. For one thing, I’m not sure what you actually meant.