I hate spending money

I don’t know if anyone else on here lives in a climate where winterizing your car is not an option. Just had them put 4 new All-Season tires on my car, I’ll be crying about that expense for a minute. The bad part is that I was informed I needed new ball joints on the front (which costs about what I spent on tires). Vehicle maintenance in Colorado is a pain, because of the severity of the weather change.
We have a very true saying in Denver, we are one of the only places I’ve ever been that can have all 4 seasons in one day, no kidding.

4 Likes

You’ve never been to Scotland then 4 seasons in an hour !!!

4 Likes

I can however, relate. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Caveman, I was going to say the same thing.

I sympathise, Danny with your having to spend all that money, but at the end of the day its a necessity, and one that could save your life. I would have no trouble spending money on such things or any family who needed help.

I just cannot spend money on myself. No matter what it is, or what its for, I have constant internal anguish as to whether I can make do, or whether I can get something cheaper/second hand.

3 Likes

I just hate the fact that I bought a nice (new to me) used car in July. Paid cash because I don’t like payments. Since then the price of the car keeps going up in my mind with every added new detail.
You’re correct it hurts less when it needs to be done. I think it’s the fact that when it comes to a vehicle, at least in the States most repairs (in my experience) are in the $1,000.00 dollar range or higher. Not all repairs, but a majority of them.

3 Likes

I don’t drive, so someone who does will need to come in with comparable car repair costs. However, i do know that over here, we have a scheme which allows you to essentially hire a car for a certain length of time then “update” it for a newer model after say a couple of years. The basis of this is that it keeps you tied in to that car dealership, because they do the repairs a lot cheaper. Do you have anything like that over there?

2 Likes

Yes, however in the long run it is much more expensive than owning your own. Over here we call it leasing an automobile.

1 Like

I will say that I have one of the best perks in Denver. I live right next to Denver University. When it snows the university has a fleet of snow plows for streets and sidewalks. So by the time I get up it’s all been plowed and shoveled. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Oooh that’s really handy! Do they put grit down as well?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s really nice. Plus the campus is a good place to spend the day when school is out. I’ll take some pics it’s a beautiful campus.

2 Likes

Even Rural France gets gritted the minute they think it might be icey…
we have actually had snow here once, in near on 7 years now…

1 Like

Tyres, well they can be expensive here also…Had a quote on a previous car a Citreon C4 Elegance two tyres over 500 Euros went to a place in Civray and got the two for 320 ish Euros…exactlly the same tyres as well…

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe in a city this big how quickly they plow and in some cases they use a spray instead of grit, all the streets and highways. The city has 70 large plows and a ton of those pick-up trucks with the plows on front. As much as it snows here, it is seldom, very seldom the kids get a snow day from school.

1 Like

Big place though is it?

the city is 154.7 square miles or 400.67square kilometers. So yeah pretty big.

3 Likes

Cripes…Benidorm Skyscrappers then…Where I was born Croydon in County of Surrey…Scrapper land hit about the 80’s
South of London…

1 Like

Croydon guessing 80’s
George Street Croydon…I could see this from my offfice being built

2 Likes

That image i showed you faced East. If you face West.

ed5e61d0f56f6583b7ca95b5efceacbc

2 Likes

I read that and thought I had written it .y exact thoughts

1 Like

That look so different…unlike Croydon apart from fact it is a Bankrupt Town it is still got plans to build taller…
https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/18183047.plans-build-one-britains-tallest-buildings-croydon-wont-begin-least-2021/

1 Like