I hate spending money

Wild looking buildings.

The place is quite typical of outside London…
Loads of empty skyscrappers…many in need of repairs.
They even built a new Shopping Centre that is all boarded up as NO SHOPS…haha…Mad though.
https://mapcarta.com/18331804
that is where I am now…

Beautiful place.
Here there’s a building shortage. At least for the past 10 years there has been, so many people moving here, I wish they would stop. It’s getting too big for me. I moved to Denver from a city with a population of about 35,000 people. The nearest big city was 50 miles away. I prefer living like that.

In our Commune there are about 200 houses and maybe 150 or less are occupied, every commune has a Marie and a Church, he is a Leader that deals with everyday affairs and manages the finances for the commune as well…then there are close other communes, but all small, tractors as much as cars on the lanes…
10 minutes to all amenities though…

1 Like

That sounds interesting, Dianne…is that like a gated community?

1 Like

We do have a gate on our house entrance… :icon_lol:

I hate to sound American, but what’s a Marie?

2 Likes

He is like a British Mayor…Boris Johnson was a Mayor.
You don’t have to feel dim…haha
They use to be worshipped and would do all that is needed to govern a community…Helping was a priority.
They would be responsible for issuing death to birth and marriage certificates
Collect all taxes and issue orders to what needs repairing and changing to new…everything at one time but slowly the responsibilities are being taken over by a larger Town…One day they will have all there powers taken away…

1 Like

Our Marie committed suicide about 2 years ago and nobody would put themselves up for election so we got some jumped up bod as a temporary stand in and he eventually took on the job as the new unelected Marie, can be spelt Mairie as well

The under Marie is a friend of ours and he and all the others in the team walked out because of his attitude…6 of them resigned

Thanks. That’s a new one, for me. Always learning something new. :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

I do love it here though…Just we have some strange things to get use to…
One day a huge Army Tank past by the back garden and pulled up outside the front of our House as it has a pull in place.
The Army guys were friendly and I went and got my camera…Asked if ok to take a photo of the Tank and he said so sorry not allowed…
But we had a good chat and he had travelled to a lot of dangerous places and hated the life he said, really as a young Family man must be a horrible with so much discipline…
time for a drink…thanks for the chat etc,

2 Likes

I think if I walked outside and saw a TANK. My last thought would be my camera!! :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

why is that then…lol
I will tell you about our health system one day, Danny.
p.s. I am still wow’d by a man in camouflage…whatever their age… :grinning:

1 Like

Speaking as a man I don’t get the whole uniform thing. The ones I had to wear were some of the most uncomfortable get up there are.
Speaking as an American, the bearskin hats on the Royal Guard, i don’t get it. It’s not functional nor is it dressy, it’s just kinda dumb looking. IMHO. I know it’s tradition, but still those can be changed. I say give them berets and make them look badass.

Trouble is Danny I was joking…
I am not a uniform person and even at school would not wear a blazer for the principle of being uniformed…I wore make up and chose to dye my hair strange colours…
Nothing has changed… :innocent:

2 Likes

Wish we lived closer! :+1:

2 Likes

You have no idea what a nightmare I can be…even I know that… :innocent:
being patriotic, I have the colours of the French Flag at the moment instead of the Union Jack. :shushing_face: :shushing_face:.

2 Likes

We organize it much better here.We don’t have snow.

1 Like

Saw some gold diggers and the flies…gosh…swat splatter um