I followed a trend

Only because it made sense. I broke down and installed a dash cam in my car.
70mai-smart-dash-cam-1s-car-dvr-1080p-hd-night-vision-voice-control-automotive-dailysale-764193_600x.progressive

Hope I never need it, but just in case.
Has anyone else been so inclined? Just curious.

1 Like

Police over here are always asking people to forward any dashcam footage if there has been some crime or an accident. I don’t drive, but if I did, I would probably have a dashcam.

If only to record all the road rage incidents I would cause by driving slowly! :joy:

3 Likes

I have a front and rear dashcam with battery back up hardwired to my car ( the battery charges from the car so as not to use power from the car ) in fact, before I bought mine ( blackvue) I had the camera in your pic, I was impressed with it but it didn’t come with a rear camera which is what I wanted, I installed that in my sons gf,s car, I think they are a must have nowadays there’s so many idiots on the road now that , having a cam gives some piece of mind

1 Like

We have had a dash cam now for a few years. Honestly if you saw the way the older ones drive you would be shocked. The lanes, just say to the shop a few kms away at least half the road is not wide enough to 2 cars width wise…we have side banks of either stoney ground or grass which can be used to duck into…we do often… so reluctly so as you never know if there is also a drop for drainage or glass dropped even… So yes a Dash Cam, essential…also the usual carefree parking and opening of others doors…gosh and trolley run aways…
The main use would be accident footage for insurance claims…
Now that is a tunnel with the new fast railway to Bordeaux, just been running now guessing two years…and yet the road just takes two vehicles with curbs to make you breath in…half way from us to the town of Sauze Vaussais…

1 Like

I considered putting one in the rear window, however since a rear end is automatically blamed on the rear driver. I didn’t see the necessity, except getting a license number if they run.

Did you fit it yourself Danny as im very interested in fitting one

1 Like

Yes this model runs around $40 and takes a 64gb card (you can get a bigger card). With the 64gb card I can record for 2 days. Installation is a piece of cake, simply stick it to the windscreen where it doesn’t bother your view (mine is behind my rearview mirror.

2 Likes

We found it easy also to install, and just have one wire hanging from mirror to dashboard on show…no its on the windscreen…has blue tac as it did keep falling off…

1 Like

Ignore all that…the blue tac was with the tom tom.lol
had not even noticed it for yonks…

It’s supposed to connect by wifi to your cellphone so you can see footage live. This part is a bit dodgy, it worked fine at first, now I have a bit of trouble with it. Which is good, I don’t want to get into an accident because I’m watching my phone instead of what’s around me.

We dont have an up to date mobile…we would take out the sd card and connect to our laptop…

1 Like

well sorry firstly
But at least it will be on the sd card Danny… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I was only ever concerned with it being on the card. As long as it is there.

2 Likes

thanks interested to know how it goes have heard if you do below average miles it can run the battery down

1 Like

When we lived in England Bexhill on Sea…we had reason to purchase some Security Camera’s and at first we could not wait to view the footage…it was the expectations…novelty wore off after a few weeks though…saw a lot of dog walkers attitudes…our’s was an unmade lane at the time, with lots of verges of grassy and wooded areas…dog walkers paradise.

1 Like

you can have trouble if you leave it on whilst leaving the car for too long Caveman…mushrooms tasty?

1 Like

lovely what do you think being a scotsman free food sounds good

3 Likes

or some better known chanterelles

that looks very interesting…The French Guy we get our log wood from he knows exactly what to forage, he thoroughly enjoys doing that as well…I have not really that knowledge and some we get growing in the Garden have gone to waste…

ok…would not risk the red top ones…
recognise the buttons and the normal everyday ones…