I don't get it, I really don't

I can’t understand people being afraid of the COVID vaccine, or even wary of it.
“Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.”
I mean the choice is simple. Get vaccinated stay healthy, don’t and quite possibly die.
I’ve never seen lemmings run off a cliff, but this reminds me of that.
I got my vaccinations, and so far no 3rd arm, no failing internal organs, no anything including COVID.
Get the damn shot!!

6 Likes

Totally agree with you!

Had both shots! No COVID-19 came knocking but if it does then at least I’ve got a fighting chance!

2 Likes

Yep I am the same, both jabs and I look and feel great. here’s a selfie to prove it. :rofl:
download

4 Likes

See you couldn’t look healthier. :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s the same over here, we even have some healthcare workers refusing the jab.

That’s the internet for you Danny - vast swathes of misinformation available at the click of a mouse button. Then, of course, you have all the anti-vaxxers and end-of-the-world types that believe everything the Governments say is a load of bovine excreta and totally untrustworthy.

V and I have been 2x jabbed and are waiting for the call for our booster shots.

1 Like

Why is that Danny aren’t all people eligible ??

1 Like

There a very few who are ineligible due to health reasons, but the majority are just being stubborn and dumb.

It took me quite a while to get mine, I have to admit. :frowning: I dithered and dithered - mainly due to the fear-mongering in the media. It was only when a neighbour of mine came down with covid, and didn’t bother to tell anyone yet wandered around quite the thing, that I flew down to the drop in centre and got it. It was the AZ too…and I had been absolutely against that for the blood clot reputation. I get my other one in November.

3 Likes

yeah…same in this country…selfish people

1 Like

What?
Of 21.2 million doses of AstraZeneca given in the UK by April 14th 2021, there were 168 cases of blood clots.

3 Likes

What scares me is I know this is not the last pandemic we will probably face in my lifetime. If the next one is worse than COVID and people do the same thing, could wipe us all out. I just wish they would make vaccines and vaccine passports mandatory. Then we can listen to people bitch about that.

1 Like

Can’t comment on AstraZeneca a relative newcomer to the scene. Blood clots, I haven’t heard anything from Pfizer or Maderna of similar experiences.

1 Like

Live Vaccines take many years to test before they are considered safe. People were aware of this so some felt that it hadn’t been tested sufficiently.
I had both jabs & will be soon having my flu jab, but only because I choose to. Some people decided not to have them & they believed it was too risky.
If we all had it, it doesn’t yet mean we will all be safe because it isn’t a live vaccine so we don’t know how long the protection will last, especially with all the new varients!
For those who did have them I am pleased because the number of cases has reduced a lot, but one member’s daughter had the jabs and still ended up very ill in hospital… so maybe it is a bit too soon to suggest that those who didn’t were foolish, because another member , who didn’t have the jabs also was ill but recovered at home.

2 Likes

We have always had pandemics, I give you:
The Bubonic Plague.
Cholera
Spanish Flu
Sars
Mers to name but a few.

Because humans are more mobile now these things spread rapidly not helped by poor government handling when it becomes obvious that there is a major problem.

2 Likes

I can’t really comment. I’ve had the Pfizer vaccine

That problem existed here as well. People were waiting on FDA approval. I don’t understand this. At All!
No one can say a medicine is safe, the reason being LONG term effects. How many medications were given the OK only years later to be pulled from the shelf because they tuned out not to be safe. Having a stamp of approval from a government or medical source, really means nothing. 30 years from now we will see how safe it was.

1 Like

Well, if you consider that research has been completed for other corona vaccines over the years then there is a body of research in place however it’s not specific to the COVID-19 virus.

1 Like

You are quite correct, Danny. Even over the counter stuff such as paracetamol come with long, long lists of possible side effects.

3 Likes

On average, about 4,500 drugs and devices are pulled from U.S. shelves each year. The recalled products have U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and in many cases, are widely ingested, injected or implanted before being recalled.
Yeah I’ll take their word for it!

1 Like

Can only agree, good post… :+1:

3 Likes