I Don’t Suppose Anyone Knows What This Plant Is?

I found a tiny plant growing in my garden. I thought it was a Broom as l get a lot of those growing here.
Now this plant has a flower bud on it, l have realised, it’s not a Broom, at all.
I wonder if anyone knows what it is?

Thank You, if you do. :slight_smile:

Oh Art… I was just about to log off and do a few jobs in the garden, now you have given me this to investigate. :lol::lol:

Could it be ? :slight_smile:

That’s close enough… I’m off… :mrgreen:

Thanks A Bunch, You Two. :lol:

I should have remembered, if you ask a silly question, you get a silly answer! :lol:

…but wait…

I shall ask my cousin. She knows a lot about plants.

Thank You, Besoeker. I would hate to think l have been nurturing a weed! :lol:

The closest I can come up with so far is a type of Peony. I have something similar although it has dark red leaves.

It looks a bit like a very poorly, anaemic looking baby Rhodedendron or Azalea family to me, Art.

If it is, they must have Ericaceous compost and feed, and watered with rain water, not tap water, else they won’t thrive at all.

This is how dark the leaves should be, and yours look very pale compared.

Where did you get it from may I ask?

Mups, :slight_smile: Thank You but l feel sure it’s not a Rhododendron or an Azalea as l have them both in my garden. The leaves are like either a Broom or a Lupin.

I wonder if Muddy is right and it is a weed?

As for Longy, he’s done a runner and is probably in the LTP as we speak! :lol:

Whoops, Sorry Longy. I am grovelling here as l hadn’t seen your post when l replied to Mups.

What am l? :lol:

Is that a bud on the top right ? It looks like an azalea with a variegated leaf.

Not a weed. Weed.

Definitely cannabis - I just asked that nice policeman looking over your fence!

The leaves and stem growth remind me of a tree lupin but it’s difficult to see the bud clearly in your photo to see how it’s likely to develop.

ST, :slight_smile: You’re a little minx today! I love your humour… does this mean your toe is getting better?

PD, Yes it is a bud. l have taken two more pics…

Boot, ls this clearer?

Besoeker, I hope it isn’t a weed!

Yes, much clearer - it’s clear that it’s not what I thought it might be, though! Lupin buds are very different to that.

My only other guess would be some kind of peony - the leaves are similar but all the peonies I have seem to have buds which are much rounder at the top.

The best way to find out is to wait until that bud opens! :lol: