I can’t sleep

That will teach me for sleeping most of today.

How’s your sleep pattern?

Up and down.My last cup of tea is at 5pm and I take a magnesium tablet.Sometimes it helps.
I believe Tabby doesn’t sleep at all.

2 Likes

It’s worked!
Whenever my BH has trouble sleeping ,I just have to start talking…

2 Likes

Depends on the weather!

Not being flippant - it really does depend on the weather. I cannot tolerate hot weather - it makes me feel sickly and lethargic - so I sleep all day and stay up all night when it is cooler. One of the joys of retirement - I can please myself. It does confuse the cats though!

1 Like

You’ve been peeping through my bedroom window again - you little rascal!

I do sleep - but not for long. 5 hours is sufficient as I sleep very deeply. Head touches pillow and I am gone - and nothing wakes me until the 5 hours are up - then I rise like a Tiger - refreshed and raring to go!

1 Like

I have been a poor sleeper most of my life and have a myriad of sleep deprivation issues but it is what it is.
Tonight I was disturbed by a local cat Buttons at 1 am who visits frequently and he decided to jump on my bed an be very vocal, perhaps telling me about his day, who knows? :smiley:

2 Likes

Insomnia !
Growl! :sweat_smile:

Five hours is enough for me too…I think its normal though we need less and less sleep as we get older…I wonder why that is?

1 Like

Gives us more time to think about why old age is a punishment, it must be mustn’t it with all the aches and pains that come with it?:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

@summer
Simples, there is less to dream about. :walking_man: :biking_man:

1 Like

never thought of it like that…but it could also be we realise we havent much time left so why waste it sleeping :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We all have our different reasons for sleeping when ever we do.

I sleep because I can as I’m now retired.

I also sleep during the day “ sometimes” because it takes my mind off food, it never comes into my mind at night.

I never think about death and I must be blessed because I can honestly say I hardly ever get aches and pains, only if I continuously bend down,…sleep helps keep the immune system up I believe amongst other things.

It all depends on my four legged friends…no not mice…If they sleep then I sleep. If they spend the night mooching about the bungalow then I’m awake too. I’m a very light sleeper anyway so that doesn’t help.

1 Like

My sleep pattern is very erratic. Sometimes I wake up suddenly after 4 hours and can’t get back to sleep so I get up.
Other times I sleep for 6 hours & that’s the very best I can do.

Last night for instance I fell asleep while playing scrabble on my phone. This would be about 1.00am. I woke up at 5.30 for no reason at all - I was still wearing my glasses & the phone had dropped onto the floor. I lay in bed & finished my scrabble games off but I got up at six…

If I’ve nodded during the day I can’t sleep at night at all & have been known to go all night without even one hours sleep…

1 Like

Well there’s a cheery thought for a Sunday :grinning:

1 Like

Just making sure you closed it properly.There’s some funny people about.

1 Like

My bedroom window hasn’t been closed since 2004 - it has probably forgotten how!

2 Likes

Usually 7 hrs solid, because I start @7 I get out at 5-30,( I hate rushing so its breakfast and a coffee read the news, then onto the day), I’m in bed by 10-30 .

1 Like

My sleep pattern is, in a word, terrible. No circadian rhythm (body clock) due to working ‘silly hours’ (permanent night shifts) for too many years being the problem. I can sleep anywhere, any time and for any number of hours. The only exception to this is when I have things to do, then it’s easier to be awake. Usually my days don’t start until after midday, often that is because I haven’t turned in for the night until the early hours, that though is the only way for me to get through each day.

Since retiring it’s even more difficult as I don’t have to keep to any hours at all, other than what suits me. I have tried everything to ‘fool’ my body clock into being ‘put right’ – staying awake until I can hardly stand up, arranging sleeping hours that slowly change by 20 or 30 minutes or so to try and return to what is ‘normal’ sleeping and waking hours – nothing works so it seems I am stuck with how it is. :grinning:
:sleeping: :zzz: :zzz:

1 Like

Generally my sleep pattern is as regular as clockwork and TBH I don’t usually need an alarm to wake me at the desired time.
I do very occasionally suffer from insomnia but never to the extent that it’s become a problem, and there’s usually an explanation for it too.

1 Like