I can’t sleep

I have no trouble sleeping I go to bed 10-30 PM and wake up around 9-30 AM and I like a little hour in the afternoon :+1:

1 Like

Crikey - that’s 11 hours!!

Do you take medication that causes you to sleep so much & do you have to get out one or more times for the loo?

2 Likes

No @Carol I don’t take any medication that causes me to sleep I’m just one of those people that can go to sleep on a clothesline…and very rarely do I wake for a quick whizz during the night. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been fighting insomnia since I was a teen. Without nightly medication I don’t have a sleep pattern.

1 Like

I had insomnia that got out of control and ended up with sleeping medication.
I thought the first few weeks this is working and they are worth taking…
For me it was not going to work long term, proven.

After a lot of grief I tried some drops my late Dad would take…natural type and cant remember this minute what they were…they tasted vile though.

The one thing that gave me th confindence to sleep even was 5 HTP from any Health Shop such and H & B or online there are hundreds of Health Stores…taken with gaba…it is all online to see…
5 Science-Based Benefits of 5-HTP (Plus Dosage and Side Effects)

It is not cheap, but I used H & B in Bexhill when the Tablets were on an offer…and then buy in bulk…I took these for maybe 2/3 years and only stopped when I moved to France. I generally feel good, and sleep well…5 hours aprrox at the most for me…

…Melatonin if available in the UK is suppose to help…Have no personnel knowledge though…
p.s. My Twin Son was the funniest though…he would get up for work eventually and found him on two occasions sleeping upright in his wardrobe …
how things can change he had a sleep study since he had covid and now was advised of Sleep Apnea…

3 Likes

If I’m in my own bed, I sleep well. If it’s not in my own bed, then I don’t sleep well. One can’t beat one’s own bed :wink:

I only wake in the night at whatever time my brains tells me I have to take my pill, if I need the loo, if something is amiss somewhere, or I’m hungry.

I think routine can help. I never stay online too long or it winds my brain up. After my ablutions I snuggle down in bed read until I’m weary, go for a (hopefully) last wee, go back to bed and bobs yer uncle! Oh, forgot to say I whisper goodnight to my teddies… :shushing_face:

Come morning I never want to get up. I could always sleep some more…

Funnily, my sister and I were talking sleep patterns just yesterday. She said I was always a good sleeper, whereas she wasn’t. She was born at night, and puts it down to that, whereas I was born in the morning. Plus as she reminded me, I was in a plaster bed from 3mths for nearly a year. I mean, what else is there to do but sleep :yum: She also stays online a lot, so that’s keeping her brain more active.

1 Like

So, I love a nice bath before bedtime to unwind or I’ll never get into bed. Then I’m online for a long while.Then, it’s lights out. I get up when my alarm goes off. I hardly ever wake up at night.

2 Likes

Well, I’m retired so I don’t need an alarm. I normally go to bed around 23:00 and wake up at about 08:00. Shave, shower, have breakfast, and stroll with the dogs. But it is no means a rigorously hard and fast schedule.

2 Likes

4 am ish and the second time I have been awake tonight, watching Mighty Trains on Quest of rather trailers for trash TV which seems to be all Discovery Plus, a streaming service show.
Gems such as:
Married at First Sight.
I Love a Mama’s Boy.
90 Day Fiance.
1000 lb Sisters.
You Me and My Ex.
Darcey and Stacey d
Dr Pimple Popper.

If I can’t sleep I always listen to the radio,you don’t have to keep your eyes open.

That line up hurts my eyes.