I bought a poor quality Mars Bar today

Having removed sugar from my diet, I treat myself once a week to a small chocolate bar.

The caramel had oozed out and the wrapper was adhered to said caramel.
I wrote to Mars to let them know. Not to get a replacement, just to let them know there was a failing somewhere along the line.

I purchased this Mars Bar at Woolworths Dianella Plaza at 4.30 pm on Fri 22nd March.
The caramel had leaked? over the top of the Bar and completely adhered to the paper wrapping
I tasted it and there was a distinct taste of paper.
Included 2 photographs.
I am not returning it. Simply letting you know that this and others must have been a failing somewhere along the supply line.
)

)

1 Like

If you buy junk, you can only expect junk. A good ripe apple would be far better for you👍

1 Like

:astonished: What year was this Bret? I’ve not seen a mars bar wrapped in paper since about 1982.

1 Like

Mars Australia changed to paper wrappers last year.
As part of their sustainability journey.
Doing this will eliminate 360 tonnes of plastic,

1 Like

Good on them, I hope we’ll see it here in the UK as well soon. :+1:
I also want to see the blocks of ice cream that were packaged in cardboard make a comeback as well, it was much easier to portion out.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d like to see them come back at that very same price Ralph, dream on I tell myself :wink:

2 Likes

You might still be able to get cheap stuff for that price but not Lyon’s Maid, that stuff was the cream of the crop. :yum: (Pardon the pun)

2 Likes

It was… happy memories :drooling_face:

1 Like

That Mars bar looks different …

1 Like

Looks like it has melted in hot conditions and then someone has put it into the fridge. I bought something like that once. I think it was a Kit Kat. Must be the storage conditions at the shop.

1 Like

There was no evidence of melting of the chocolate coating.
Looks to me like it was lightly crushed, as the chocolate coating was broken all the way around the top allowing the gooey caramel to flow out.

Sounds like one pallet has been placed on top of another (during transportation maybe) The extra weight will crush the ones on the bottom. (I used to work in manufacturing and there were stacking limits to prevent this very same issue)
They might even send you a voucher for some free products :smiley:

It’s a good idea to complain about poor quality, I do too. Include the best before date and/or batch number.

My latest was a box of Pringles that was just broken bits and a can of Scotchguard that sprayed in blobs, I say latest but it was probably over a year ago now.

At one time they often sent you a box of goodies but these days it is usually a Coles/Woollies gift card. though Scotchgard did send me a package of just about all their products.

In the late 80s I was visiting the UK and my mother bought a tin of SPC fruit (Australian brand) it was faulty (I can’t remember why) so I wrote to the importer to complain, They sent her a box of a dozen SPC products.

It helps use up my Pensioner Concession postage stamps too :wink:

1 Like

I like to let companies know when there is a problem with their product.

I took a bottle of red wine back to a Coop branch some time ago. It had a real cork and had obviously gone bad. I got my money back plus a replacement bottle of wine. So it is always worth trying!

1 Like

It looks rather squashed and gooey.
Do you think that’s how the papery taste /contamination came about .?

How disappointing.

2 Likes

Paper and caramel was stuck together. Why it tasted of paper.

1 Like

Sorry, Bretrick but it really sounds to me as if someone sat on it! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, someone squashed it :rofl: