I bet women cheat as much or more than men

I searched the meaning of “Wind up”—>

“ 1. 3.

INFORMAL•BRITISH

an attempt to tease or irritate someone.”

————————-

Have I irritated here? Or does this have a meaning similar to cheeky? Cause I’m perfectly fine being called cheeky. Hell I prefer it!

1 Like

Goodness me - even my wife knows that simple phrase and she is from Georgia !
Maybe you need to get out more…

Well, she is married to you, so maybe not the average person.

I also didn’t know what it meant until I started reading here. I’m also curious about the definition to be given.

1 Like

I wonder if she ever suggests him taking up a hobby that involves him being out of the house a lot? :rofl:

If ever a man needed a shed!

2 Likes

K, maybe I’m country but I’m not stupid ok? lol
The phrase isn’t part of MY vernacular.

If I say “I’m fixing,” or “I’m aiming”, ppl in other areas may think I’m 1. Going to repair something or 2. About to fire a weapon, when in fact,
I may aim to change my ways, or I may be fixin to get something for dinner.
I’d think Brits would appreciate the fact there’s many more than one usage for words and oh phrases in the English language AND appreciate a Yank seeking clarity :slight_smile:

And my wife is not a Yank…that’s another issue for you.

If she’s from Georgia, then pretty much any person in England would IMO consider her a Yankee. It’s not an offensive term in my usage. I meant nothing by it outside of geographical location. If it offends I apologize.
You did say Georgia right?
So she’s a peach?

From the South they do consider Yank to be less than polite - just a term we are aware of as a Brit.
And yes, my wife has been called a Georgia Peach.
C’est la vie…

There is a good case for getting around a bit, BEFORE you settle down :smile:

1 Like

Didn’t we all?

I don’t think some folks did actually, I.E my definition would be, you should not have met your intended till at least 25 years of age :smiley:

Showing out, showing out, hit and run
Boy meets girl where the beat goes on
Stitched up tight, can’t shake free
Love is the drug, got a hook on me

Oh, girl, make it a quick one
I’m only here tonight
I know, sadder but wiser
I’m still the same old guy

I’m inclined to agree with that. Even then it can go wrong even after years as I know.

Yes, a few broken hearts but no broken promises.

So true, but probably better not to discuss all of them with the current incumbent :wink::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Isn’t serial monogamy the ideal solution?
Then no one gets bored and no one gets hurt?

Not an experience, just logically there must be married women cheating with single men and married men cheating with single women, they don’t both have to be married to another.

Yes, of course there are but according to this:
strong text
According to research, men cheat more than women. The General Social Survey, one of the most influential studies in social sciences, found that, in 2018 and 2019, 20 percent of men admitted to having sex with someone other than their spouse while they were married, compared to 13 percent of women.3****strong text

We should start a club Helen…
:nerd_face: