I am introducing a post for your photographs with the theme - Seen Better Days

You’d best ask Besoeker mart😉
I don’t know if his offering is subject to copyright but get a nice 6x4 print sorted , a decent frame and hey presto!

A charming little something fit to grace anybody’s mantlepiece :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Wasn’t a PL-259 used in in ham/amateur radio or am I just confused?

2 Likes

I’m quite happy to present any photographs in this forum.

2 Likes

When I was an apprentice, one of the engineers was a ham radio enthusiast. Might have come via him. I think they were used on oscilloscope probes as well. Might have got it to re-wire one of those …we’re talking 60 years ago now. Some of the things in that jumble are that old.

There is old fashioned 3 tag ‘tag strip’ in there somewhere as well, which I know came from the days of the transition days from 405 to 625 line television. Some of the 405 line TVs could be converted with an add-on kit. The tag strip was part of that.

1 Like

Some other hardware:

And the 'scope…

4 Likes

Some more eye candy for me Besoeker…
Love it…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

No.you are not confused Chilli, they were used as you say, and in commercial communications. I must have used and terminated hundreds of them over time.
Now I’m curious as to how many might also still be here in this house. :thinking:

Somewhere I should still have a box of all sorts of similar & related connectors.
Or have I thrown them out? :thinking: Hmm RAM failure here due old age Duh ! :confused:

2 Likes

Another jumble. All leads either had their use at the time or were surplus to immediate requirements…

2 Likes

Oh dear!
Something is just about to go in the bin, this pumpkin has seen better days :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

This circa 1958 Austin Tray Truck has Seen Better Days

4 Likes

This petrol pump Has Seen Better Days

3 Likes

3 Likes

Would have been a magnificent sight when it was in it’s prime.

4 Likes

Most certainly Seen Better Days

1 Like

I love trees…This one must be almost 500 years old…We are both past our best…

2 Likes

Old trees have been there through a lot of history. Think of all the generations of people who have either sat under or passed by them. All the different styles of clothing they wore. The wars they have stood through…

3 Likes

Not being a car person I am taking a guess this is a 1964 EH ute which has Seen Better Days
[/url)

2 Likes

Better days - and not our dog !

Pic here: (note: it contains :poop:) http://i.imgur.com/OKLHFlD.jpg

Really? Not nice bloke.

1 Like