I am introducing a post for your photographs with the theme - Seen Better Days

seen in Lisbon, May '23. A Vauxhall Victor.

5 Likes

Vandalism wherever you go :rage:

3 Likes

Cowdray ruins, Midhurst, West Sussex.

4 Likes

My dog having a reccie from a neighbour’s broken fence.

6 Likes

in the Thames

4 Likes

I don’t know what Mrs Fox keeps complaining about…It just needs a lick of paint…

6 Likes

Vandalism has been around for centuries :point_down: Corf Castle, just a few mikes from my family’s bolt hole :+1:

After six centuries of keeping enemies at bay, an Act of Parliament was passed at Wareham to destroy Corfe Castle. Captain Hughes of Lulworth was given the job of demolishing it. His sappers dug deep holes packed with gunpowder to bring the towers and ramparts crashing down, resulting in the yawning gaps and crazy angles we see today.

3 Likes

No doubt that’s deplorable but given that there was an Act of Parliament, was it still the deliberately mischievous or malicious destruction or damage of property such as breaking windows, slashing tires, spray painting a wall with graffiti, etc.?

3 Likes

Why was it necessary to destroy such a great piece of architecture and links to our history…
Pure vandalism…

1 Like

It was under siege by forces. Then the Roundheads allowed the family to leave the Castle before it was systematically destroyed by Parliamentary sappers. Civil war damage to ensure it was not made into a stronghold again.

2 Likes

Destroyed by fire.

5 Likes

Never smoke when the turpentine’s cap is off :wink:

2 Likes

On The Thames foreshore, Queenhithe, one of London’s oldest known landing places.
No finding stuff allowed!

A gloomy day, the top of The Shard was barely visible.

4 Likes

cemeterys were never a good idea?

1 Like

This boat in Porto Cheli has definitely seen better days!
It’s a very shallow bay, so I hope the crew all got off safely.

2 Likes

This stand of Stag Trees has Seen Better Days

1 Like

I was about 23/4 years old when I used to visit Bayswater Road, London in the 1960s. I got impressed by the different artforms there. One of them was pictures and shapes made of nails. I had a go a few things myself. This is the only survivor. It used to be a shiny varnished decoration on our wall but it’s relegated to being junk in the garage now. Seen better days.

2 Likes

Your own personal artwork deserves to be seen. Not hidden from view in the garage.
Pride of place. :slightly_smiling_face:

This old Cattle Ramp has Seen Better Days

2 Likes

good ;lick of paint would do the job nicely!!

1 Like