I Am Feeling Nostalgic

Cliff Richard & The Shadows - Travellin’ Light (Cliff!,

I was to become a Teenager in a few months time and so at 12, I was 100% now a Woman!
off with the white socks and on with the stockings! Heard the update one on 31st February Street 1974…think it a great version as well…;…Cant find it online for some reason though…

1 Like

Same here Furry one. No idea about contemporary music.
I most certainly would not recognise ay of the current batch of female or male singers.
Rhianna? Ariana Grande? Billie Eilish? Taylor Swift? Shawn Mendes? Bruno Mars? Khalid?
The Kid Laroi?

I tell a lie.
I do recognise Ed Sheeran, Justin Beiber, ???

1 Like

I don`t remember any of those Bretrick.

1 Like

Missy Higgins?

1 Like

They were not mainstream, played on the radio.
One had to go looking elsewhere.
The Eels album, one of the best alternative albums I have come across.
Same as Roger Waters album - Radio K.A.O.S…
This is an album mostly enjoyed by Roger Walters fans. Not everyone’s cup of tea.

1 Like

Heard the name. No way would I recognise her.

What a beautiful track!!!

Here’s my kind of nostalgia … Kenny Ball without any electronic enhancement of today’s so-called musicians.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

At least with the oldies, if you didn’t like them they didn’t last long.
(Not that there’s anything to dislike about them)

1 Like

Heinz of the Tornados tribute to Eddie Cochran.

2 Likes

Cliff’s first(and his best)with The Shadows

1 Like

How could she have improved on that?
It’s perfect…

2 Likes

I saw Cliff Richard and the (then) Drifters at Butlins when he was a Redcoat. He remains the artist I have seen the most times due to the number of one night stands he took part it. (Dover Odean was a second home)

BTW I was at school with Noel Redding, and (in infants) Brian Jones though frankly I don’t remember either of them.

Personally I preferred the Red Dress version.

3 Likes

Everyone trying to be Elvis. :grinning:
Thank Liverpool for The Beatles!

1 Like

I have seen all of them at Dover Odeon - though not the Beatles, unfortunately I have never seen the Beatles Live, the Stones, yes, but not the Beatles :cry:

I have seen them but not actually heard them.Unless it was them doing the screaming.

Yes…

1 Like

I never saw Dave but there were rumours that he was a better businessman than a drummer ?