I Am Feeling Nostalgic

How I miss the 70’s. They were the best of times, they were the worst of times.
The Best?
Music,
Bay City Rollers,:rofl: Abba, Bee Gees, Blondie, Gloria Gaynor, Nutbush City Limits, Bye Bye, American Pie, Ziggy Stardust, Little River Band. My Sweet Lord, Queen, somebody to love, Abracadabra, steve miller band, Killing me softly, with his song, Walk on the wild side, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Suzi Quatro, Waylon Jennings, mammas, don’t let your babies grow up to be Cowboys, Brass in Pocket, Janis Joplin, from the coal mines of Kentucky, to the California Sun, There Bobby shared the secrets of my soul.
Reminiscing

Me and Bobby McGee

Sweet Treats,
Eskimo Pies Tic Toc Biscuits, Fairy Bread, Iced VoVos, Juicy Fruit, Quality Street Assortment, Sherbets, Chocolate Crackles, Toffee Apples, Vanilla Slice, Wild Berries, Golden Rough, Frosty Boy, often licked, never beaten, Fruit Tingles, Love Hearts, Wildlife Chocolate Bars, Bubble O’Bill, The Milky Bar Kid, Fruit Loops, Pez,
Movies,
Life of Brian, Last Tango in Paris,Taxi Driver, A Towering Inferno, The Exorcist, The China Syndrome, Equus, Superman, Deliverance, Rocky Horror Picture Show, New York New York, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Caligula, Tommy, All That Jazz, Jaws, The Deer Hunter, Papillon, Brother Sun Sister Moon, The Blue Bird.
Soylent Green

Brother Sun - Sister Moon

1 Like

Not surprisingly I think the 60’s were the best.Too many reasons to mention and mini skirts.
Thanks to the record companies realizing they could make more money from LP’s and gave bands more studio time,the 70’s was the era for excellent albums though,I think.

1 Like

Great choice, reminiscing.

1 Like

I agree with @Psmith. Personally I think the 1970s was a bit of a bummer after the 60s, it was redeemed only by the Sex Pistols and the punk movement that followed.

2 Likes

I loved LRB. I had many of their albums. Including Sleeper Catcher.

Mid 60s to late 70s were the best years of my life.
Left school.
Walked into a full time job I liked.
Got out from under the parental thumb, tiny wee flat but it was all mine.
Live bands in all the dance places I used to go to.
Best music ever.
Answerable to only myself.

Diamantina Cocktail is my favorite 1977 epitomized

There were no touring live bands that visited Queenstown Tasmania.
I was bought up on 50s - 60s and 70s music via the local radio station 7QT.
Some great music came out of the 50s. Many 60s groups got their inspiration for the 50s era.

Dr Feelgood, Stranglers, Pretenders, Bob Marley …

1 Like

Glam rock! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The 70s were the happiest time for myself.
The music and fashion were fabulous imo,
I never liked the 80s/90s .music.

2 Likes

When I became old enough to appreciate music, it was the 80s,so that is the decade that will always remain in my heart. Afterwards, I started appreciating music from 50s, 60s, 70s and realized that so many masterpieces were produced in those decades, and wondering what happened after the 80s, is it me getting old and nostalgic, or nobody knows how to write songs, make music anymore? Or hits that will remain timeless throughout the years?

1 Like

Ah yes. Roxette, one of my all time favourites.

1 Like

I was a huge fan, had all the 70s LPs with the original singer when he was still alive. Must have seen them live half a dozen times.

One thing to Say to Glam Chilliboot… :man_dancing:

2 Likes

Yay!!! :sunglasses::+1:

I loved all the past but I have moved on to newbies…well newbies to me…LP for instance…certainly will not rock so many Boats…she does mine though…

and Nightwish…Nemo thanks to my best mate Chillies…Ashley…

One Republic more pop than rock’‘’
RyanTedder Singer… brilliant song composer as well…

Always. When catching up to speed, with early popular music. Too embarrassment.
TV. wasn’t transmitted in RSA until 1976. Some 3yrs later in SWA. With radio not much better.
Totally unaware, Of the fervour evolving, with such as the Beatles et al
The Nostalgia reoccurs, when recalling us all, hearing “Bridge of Troubled Waters”. For the first time, some 6yrs after it was produced.

1 Like

I almost stopped listening to music in the 80s.
With some exceptions.
Screaming Jets - Johnny Warman

4 Minutes - Roger Waters

Music deteriorated greatly after the 80s.
There were exceptions. These being a couple of them.
Take a Picture - Filter

Susan’s House - The Eels

2 Likes

Music does have personnel dips and dives…but hey there is always such a huge amount of Music out there…deteriorate…for me never, there has never ever been a period where music was never exciting… there is always loads to take in, if your really a music fan then spending more time will amaze you…just my thoughts of course.

the list could go on and on…time though is valuable as you get older…other things are more important than this thread for sure… :drooling_face:
almond choc cookies that I made earlier… :grinning:

2 Likes