How old are you?

I don’t let my age define me…but the side effects are getting harder to ignore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An imagine exercise I can understand. But sometimes you have to be your real age, not imaginary. An example is what we get deliveries to our door. Our delivery man has to give my date before he can allow the goods to be delivered. A case of wine for example!.

There will always be reminders, but we need not be dictated to, or live by, those reminders. For those moments at which we think about how old we are, we should not automatically reach for numbers. We’re living longer and staying stronger for longer, so Nature is comforting some of us by showing another way of seeing “age”…in what we can do, rather than for how many years we’ve managed to be alive. Let the “…too old to be doing that…” members live their lives and you live yours without referring to numbers, personally, to “feel” how old you are.

Had you told me, when I was 16 that, when I’m waist deep in my 60s, I’d be weight training, knife throwing and stick fighting, I’d’ve laughed aloud, because I’d been socially programmed to believe that it’s not possible.

You don’t stop doing things when you grow old…you grow old when you stop doing things.

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

Reminder? If the delivery man delivers our wine that is a direct instruction for me, not just a reminder.

What is the connection between “instruction” and a method of viewing their own age?

What I’ve posted, above, is an invitation for people to look, in a different way, at the saying, “Age is just a number.”

It’s just another way of viewing that same idea.

But with the the delivery man it is not a different way of looking at it. It is just cut and dried. You get the package it or you don’t.

You’re absolutely right, of course. Nice one.

And I am a pedant…

It could be all these Vaxes. :smiley:

It is so annoying isn’t it? I went on a boat trip a few days ago in foreign parts, getting on and off was not designed for us more mature people, I had to be helped.

Even more embarrassing when I flew out of Sydney airport I was immediately directed to the security and border force lines for those in need of assistance (actually made it so easy)

1 Like