How often do you do your laundry?

Hi

An interesting link on how often you should do your laundry

1 Like

I do my washing every other day, I can’t stand any build up of laundry.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Deleted. Well done Jazzi

1 Like

Hi

Nope it’s me and the morphine.

No idea how to fix it, I was going round in circles.

1 Like

Deleted!

Swim, do you want me to try and change the heading? Using my new found TL3 skills? If so, what do you want it to read?

Edit. Changed it.

1 Like

This time of year - especially in this heatwave - my bed linen is changed twice a week. As for wearing the same bra 3 x times without washing it - no way!!

1 Like

Bed linen once a fortnight
Clothes after one use or sometimes after second use, depending on the type of garment and/or how long I wore it.
Bath towels after second use unless it was treated particularly fiercely :grin:

It means I have the washing machine on ever other day or 4 to 5 times a week.
I always use the short cycles though which seem to do the job very well.

3 Likes

it’s great to buy more than one of everything so that you can just throw something in the laundry bin and have something to replace it every day until laundry day (once a week).

Towels - it depends on who is using them and what they have done with them. If the towels are soaking then they go in the laundry bin. If guests are staying then they get washed when they leave. Bedding - definitely not weekly unless guests are staying. I just can’t be bothered to have a timetable as there is too much else to do. Plus the work is cumulative as you then have to iron the bedding. Jeans once a week. Tops might wear them more than once these days (slob habit since lockdown). Socks & knickers after each use. Bras once a week unless they don’t pass the sniff test (I have never thought there’s anything wrong with this). But other than jeans and bras (and post-covid slobbery), things get worn once then washed.

(caveat - I might suddenly have a laundry binge when it’s sunny and you can dry outside - have a clothes line which may be out of fashion but is hugely practical and makes everything smell of outside freshness).

Have I mentioned how much I hate sorting out laundry, ironing, folding putting away? I don’t know how people can work in places like Gap all day every day folding things that people mess up. Laundry is the biggest drudge ever. The worst thing about having guests to stay is having to make the beds up and then launder everything afterwards. I deliberately buy easy care clothes that do not need ironing. The great thing about fitted sheets is that you don’t have to iron them. Does anyone iron washed towels? Honestly I would love to be so organised but I don’t have the patience or energy to iron things into little cubes.

I would love fresh bed linen every day …my water & electric meters would go insane, so it’s once a week.
Towels replaced daily.

2 Likes

They don’t even do this in hotels. These days they ask that you only throw towels that you want laundered into the bath before cleaning to save the environment. My view is that if everyone uses their own towel then it’s up to them when they want to put it in the laundry bin.

I shower everyday when you dry yourself you rub off dead skin cells I don’t want that festering in a damp towel yuk.
The same for hand towels , since covid I always seem to be washing my hands .
But I am a fusspot .

1 Like

“Washlands recommends washing socks after each wear, bras after three or four, shirts after two to four and pyjamas after every three to five.

The video also advised washing bedding every fortnight and towels once or twice a week but said denim can be put in the laundry after being worn ten times.”

I agree about socks being washed after each wear - same for undies.
I don’t agree with wearing bras 3 or 4 times without washing - I prefer to hand-wash mine after each wear, with a short machine wash in a net bag every week or so.
Depending on how hot it is, I would only wear pyjamas, a top or shirt once or twice and trousers / jeans one to four times.
I rarely manage more than a week before wanting to wash my Bed Linen - sometimes twice a week if the weather is exceptionally hot.
I change tea towels and small hand towels every day and bath/shower towels every 3 days - I like to hang bath towels in the fresh air after every use if the weather is fine enough.

In my own family, we all had our own bath towels and my kids used to think I was too fussy for insisting they air-dried their towels in the fresh air after each use and changed them at least twice a week - then two of them joined the Army, where they were taught that towels must be aired and dried after each use and laundered every 3 days, to avoid the growth of all kinds of harmful nasties. Finally, my fussiness was vindicated in their eyes - then they started getting even more fussy than I was! :rofl:

1 Like

My washer is on at least 4 or 5 times a week… I love fresh bed linen too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crumbs where I am we’ve all been advised to do no more than 2 washes a week because of the electricity price increase.
I have to work out when to wash sheets or duvet covers or throws.

Have you got a river, stream or canal nearby? You could go and wash them in the old fashioned way.

1 Like

No … but there is a small bird bath so I’d just need someone to beat me with rocks (then I could leave my clothes on).

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

As long as you don’t expect us to rinse you off with a hose pipe - that’s a big No-No right now!

2 Likes

Think the mangle might need to be enlarged a tad.

2 Likes

I just wait for a load and then l wash it. Then it is hung out in the fresh air to dry.
I fold it neatly, air it and put it away… no ironing in this house.

My life is too good to be a stuck in doing the laundry nearly every day.

1 Like