How often do you do your laundry?

I’m always washing hands too. Whenever I touch anything unhygienic, so after touching pets, pet food bowl, loo (of course!), gardening, even using garden hose, after shopping, etc.

My understanding is that dead skin cells are all around us so impossible to avoid. I mean they will be in an armchair or in the carpets or flooring, on the laptop or phone etc.

:heart:

Are you related to Howard Hughes?

1 Like

haha - I doubt he wore the same bra all week!

3 Likes

After my shower I put the towel in the tumble dryer just for five minutes to dry them off.
I change our towels every three days.

1 Like

Not in this weather, anyway.

2 Likes

in ozzzieland we don’t wear many clothes so not a problem? swimming pools and showers all around!

I have a laundry basket in the bathroom, when it is about full it is one load for my 6kg machine. I only wear clothes once before washing them (excluding jackets or jumpers) but I would estimate that the basket fills about every 10 days, my bedsheets are washed about once a week or perhaps a maximum of 10 days .(they are on the line as I type, they will go straight back on the bed when they are dry in an hour or so).

Obviously the weather plays a part in this too but it is rare not to have a day when the washing won’t dry in a couple of hours or so. I did two loads today because I have been away

Hi

Thanks for that Jazzi

TL3 editing and morphine are a combination best avoided in my opinion, especially by me

So do I Summer but the problem is , it only feels fresh for one night! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Tumble dryer I’d not thought of that . :slightly_smiling_face:

Off Topic
House dust contains a high proportion of skin cells.
I vacuum every day, with hard floors it only take a few minutes , there’s no dust bunnies here.
I’ve also an air purifier .
This routine was brought on by my husbands illness ….since then I’ve carried on dust demolishing.

2 Likes

Fresh cotton sheets are my weakness , I slip into bed early the day I changing the bedlinen .

3 Likes

I can’t believe I’ve met another clean freak, we must be sisters!..:joy::rofl:…shall we swap notes, …best not, this is about how often do you do your laundry.:joy:

3 Likes

Hee hee :heart:

1 Like

I do love crisp fresh white cotton sheets and would have them replaced every day if I could, instead I wash them about every 4 or 5 days. They are relatively clean so only need a short wash on 40 , I don’t have a drier they go on the washing line. Bras when I wear one and other underwear are hand washed after wearing once . Kitchen hand towel and tea towel, clean ones every day, bathroom towel as I live alone every other day.

4 Likes

I think l must be related to Howard Hughes too as l am always washing my hands. This was drummed into me as a child during the Polio pandemic.
I am not OCD but l do think, hands should always be clean, especially after visiting public places and touching toilets and dustbins.

It’s a shame you can’t just unscrew them off your arms and chuck them in the washing machine with the laundry!

1 Like

Well its a good job really isn’t it, because how would you operate the machine? Jab the controls with your nose? :joy:

2 Likes

Your big toe?

1 Like

Hi

I wash my bath towels every time I use them, March and October every year.