How often do you clean your washing machine?

Me too … here’s another one, but some are myths.
I’d heard that colonic irrigation was assisted by Epsom Salts so I put some in my brother’s girlfriend’s sugar bowl … and watched and waited for the earth to move.
I don’t think it worked at all.

Hi

A 60C wash is just as effective as a 90C.

Bigger is not always better, he tells himself, hopefully.:blush:

I’d agree with that Swims … it’s all in the methodology.

Take Yer clothes down to the river and bash the hell outta them with a rock…that’ll get rid of the smell…except when the Salmon are leaping of course…then they may smell a tad fishy :wink:

I can share a little recipe I do similar to that Mort for cleaning smelly plug holes:

Half a cup of Bi-Carb
Half a cup of salt
Half a cup of white venegar

Tip this lot into your plug hole (not lug hole :lol:).
When you add the vinegar it will start frothing.
Then pour boiling water on top.

I clean my washing machine every few weeks, I don’t count the weeks exactly. I use either that Dr.Beckmans stuff or Dettol do a special cleaner too. They both say do an empty wash at 60 to rinse it all through.

So funny!!

Blimey I should think ruthiotowers will explode!

Still waiting to hear where you put the bottle of white vinegar…

A dangerous question I realise…:mrgreen::mrgreen:

90 deg will kill all Bacteria, or 75deg will do if your m/c has that setting

My wife can clean herself. but I do offer to help :blush:

Hi

It will also ruin most of your clothes.:shock:

That’s a good one … I do that. If I didn’t my sink would get too whiffy with garlic.
It’s bad enough trying to get it off my hands. I’ve stood rubbing my stainless steel sink as that’s supposed to do it but it’s not always longlasting.

Not when your cleaning your washer, hopefully it should be empty!!:

All goes in the drum :mrgreen:

Don’t put your clothes in on a cleaning washing ! Only do that on an empty machine.

Mort, I have read that you can squirt a bit of toothpaste on your hands and rub together, then rinse under running water to get rid of garlic pong on your hands. Haven’t tried it though, so let me know if it works. :slight_smile:

Julie’s right, as I explained in post 25. :slight_smile:

Hi

Bicarb and salt is fine.

You have to leave it for a while though before adding the vinegar to give it time to work.

Bicarb is an alkali, vinegar is an acid, they neutralise each other, giving off a gas, hence the bubbles.

It gives off Carbon Dioxide, forming bubbles, that is why soda bread rises, it reacts with the buttermilk, which is acidic.

Thanks Julie!

Cor, this forum is so ejukashional :038::038:

It is?
I’m getting worn out … it’s ages since I’ve done science class at school and even then I was only good for lighting the gas jets without the Bunsen burner hose attached.

Though I’m in no way fick … why was it that when the teacher asked ‘Anyone got a light?’, I was the only one to get my fag lighter out?

Hi

Science is easy, no special talents needed.

You are an amazing artist and wordsmith, really talented.

Do not do yourself down.:slight_smile:

It was that Periodic Table did me … too much like the enigma code. :lol:

Science is for clever folk.

I agree…all I was ever good for was Getting Up To Mischief!
Looking back it’s a wonder I was never expelled…gas taps…like moths to a flame :mrgreen: turn 'em on and nip out.

Good thing Morti and I were never at skool together! :shock::shock:

Sensible question…is distilled malt vinegar the same as white vinegar?
I mean, it’s white, so…?