How much of your Christmas food have you already eaten?

Have you been really good and not touched any of it or have you dived into a few things like we have?

So far we have had;

A Cadbury’s selection box
A box of Fox’s Christmas biscuits
2 melted camembert with raspberry coulis
1 pot of brandy pouring cream
1 box of salted caramel florentines
A few glasses of Bailey’s.

I always used to wonder why supermarkets sold Christmas food that ran out of date before Christmas. Now I know the answer, It’s for people like me that have to buy it twice. :blush:

1 Like

Two jars of Sainsbury’s own Silver Skin onions - love them - can’t resist eating them like sweets! 6 x more jars came with yesterday’s delivery.

Two mince pies - had to make sure they were OK - my oven is on the fritz so couldn’t make my own this year. Ordered them from the local bakery - delicious … might have to taste another one - just to make sure they haven’t gone off overnight!

One large chunk of Wensleydale cheese - direct from the creamery at Hawes - just to make sure it had travelled well.

:lol::-p

Oh blimey! I forgot to mention the mince pies :blush:… 2 boxes :blush:

Hi Billy and Bessie Bunter! :lol:
I suppose you could say, you’ve started Christmas in style!

Was the box of Fox’s biscuits, the ones that are only £2.50 in Tescos for the big box? I think Fox’s biscuits have got very sweet but great value for £2.50.

I did make some mince pies the other week and munched them. I also, had a couple of the pickled onions l made for Christmas. They were lovely with extra mature cheddar cheese and cream crackers!

I was disappointed with the Foxes biscuits if I’m honest, so I’m glad we polished them off before Christmas. :-p

I think they are a bit of a con now. In the old days, ;-), you would get four or five biscuits stacked up in each compartment but now they pack it out with the plastic tray and place one or two on top. There was more plastic than biscuits. :lol:

Yours. Bunter. :mrgreen:

OGF is not going to be very happy when he sees that you’ve eaten a box of his biscuits! :wink: :lol:

No Christmas food in the house here, so nothing eaten in advance of the day. I am hoping to be out for Christmas, coronavirus regulations permitting. Should that not work out then it will be just another day, like it has been before at times. :wink: :slight_smile:

Well if you end up at home on Christmas day, don’t forget to pop in to the Christmas table thread. There might be some virtual left-overs. :-p

Eh! Christmas food, I haven’t bought any yet,

Will do, at least that way I will not get overfull or suffer from indigestion afterwards! :wink: :slight_smile:

That’s true, I forgot to mention that the Gaviscon has also been opened. :frowning: Might just pour it on my mince pes and save time. :smiley:

Box of 6 Mince pies, only 1 for me, 5 for my husband.
Nearly a bottle of Whisky.

:-p:-p:038: Hic! :shock:

Hi

The mince pies.

I don’t eat sweets of chocolate since I make ‘lifestyle change’ for health reasons almost 4 years ago and that is easy to stick too because I don’t live near shops or have ‘the food of satan’ in my house.

However, as a special treat for my sister’s christmas gift I bought a box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates and one night the satinic side of my personality got the better of me and I opened them and ate half :shock: :blush: Then of course I had to get rid of the wretched things so ate the rest the next day .

I couldn’t resist starting the the Wensleydale with Apricot cheese I had put by for Christmas … I’ve ordered more to be delivered on the 23rd! :mrgreen:

1 box of quality street
1pack mince pies
2 slabs of Christmas cake
Any amount of Wensleydale with cranberries .

Nothing at all yet. The fizz is still waiting to be chilled, the chicken is still in the freezer with the stuffing, etc.

I was looking at the Christmas food in Tesco’s today and wondering why the use by date was much before the day itself! How many people, I wonder, cook and eat these food items before the 25th? By the time Christmas comes around they won’t be wanting any of it.

I’ve not eaten C stuff per se. Still need to get fresh in. (Been laid up with a bug, anyway, for a week, and only just getting my appetite back.)

I don’t count mince pies because I start to make mince meat/mince pies from October to March because the children love them so much :slight_smile: I make 30 a week and occasionally eat one for quality testing purposes.

A box of mince pies, a box of Twilight mint chocs & a box of Cadburys chocolate finger biscuits. My bad!