How much meat do you eat in a week?

Yes Pesta, mince is very much a scottish thing. Mince & tatties (Minced meat and potatoes) with peas and gravy is a comfort food for us! :+1: The you get some bread and mop up the remainder of gravy left on the plate. :smiley:

3 Likes

Did you know that the body treats and digests milk as if it were food, not a liquid? Fun fact! :smiley:

2 Likes

That reminds me of a cottage pie Pix.

2 Likes

Fish on Friday ā€¦ blimey thatā€™s an old one, we never considered that, Mrs d00d a Catholic too.

So we have muesli/porridge with fruit for breakfast always.

Lunch out once or twice a week: something simple, burger or sushi. Otherwise soup and a sandwich at home.

Supper: meat 2 or 3 times/wk, fish 2 or 3 times/wk, veggie 2 or 3 times/wk. Vegetarian dishes have cheese too.

me neither, but I can live without meat for most of the time.

Hmm, well if you mash it together and shape itā€¦and do that funny thing on the tatties with the fork, then yes, maybe it would pass for something like cottage pie. But it wouldnā€™t be Scottish then would itā€¦we do it different up here! :joy:

2 Likes

I do mince looking something like that but smaller portions. You can freeze it and do all sorts of things ā€¦ spag bol, chilli con carne, etc.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely, d00d, its very versatile! I try and make a larger portion and stick some in the freezer. At leastā€¦thatā€™s the plan. Sometimes it never reaches that farā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s one thing we always have in the freezer.

1 Like

yes d00d the wife gets it fresh from Morrisons on Thursday

1 Like

I grew up on mince I cannot stand itā€¦ we were poor so it was a staple as was spam/fritters, bubble and squeak ā€¦ Have not had any in 45 yearsā€¦

1 Like

Thursday!! fish has shelf life.

I know, fish in UK is never fresh.

I have been there and done that too @Arachne and got just as sick of it as you have. I went without it for years and years, then made some a few years back. I only have it now and again now, not almost every night like before :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s OK ā€¦itā€™s still fresh Friday lunchtime :+1:

1 Like

Luxury!

We had offal & cabbage boiled for a week / :laughing:

Godā€¦and you reckon my fish is not fresh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Jesus ā€¦

I always cook extra to ensure I have bubble & squeak to fry, block and freeze :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :hot_face:

1 Like

and sprouts at Christmastime.

Sprouts are fine, its just the offal & cabbage that got to me.