How much meat do you eat in a week?

how much meat do you eat, we eat it every day in some shape or form except Friday which is fish day. I could never envisage being a vegetarian

3 Likes

I’ve never really taken a count Wishbone, nowhere near every day though.
Possibly once every couple of weeks perhaps? Really no idea, as daft as that sounds.

3 Likes

We eat meat about twice a week…less if possible. I get the meat from the local butcher down the road who always displays the local farm where it came from that day. I don’t get it from supermarkets. I am trying so hard to omit meat altogether, but…y’know, its difficult. Especially when its pouring with rain and dark, and you need some comfort food, like mince, mash & peas! :joy:

5 Likes

I eat meat with every meal. Thing is I usually only eat once a day. Some days I fast, not for any other reasons than somedays I just don’t get hungry.

6 Likes

Daily for me too. I need as much iron as possible as I cannot tolerate iron tablets and I lean towards anaemia. Red meat 6 days and 1 day fish which is usually Sole if available. Occassionally we’ll have spit roasted chicken, but I’m not a huge fan of fowl.

4 Likes

We have meat 5 times a week, Tuesday we have fish and Friday we have eggs with chips and baked beans.

1 Like

My late BIL was like you Danny. He rarely ate one more meal in a day, but if he was offered a piece of cake… that was different story :grinning:

2 Likes

This is why I don’t keep sweets or snack foods. I would weigh about 100 lbs. more. :grimacing: :grimacing:

3 Likes

Oooh, LD, I remember as a teen I was severely anaemic and had to take those. Oh the stomach cramps were wicked. Years later I admitted to my GP I buried them in the garden at work, or threw them down the loo. He severely reprimand me (justifiably so), both for wasting meds but also he could have given me an alternative brand. :icon_redface:

Ah, now snacks could be a weakness for me. There was a time when M&S sold a delicious savoury triangular shaped snack type biscuit, but they suddenly stopped selling them. They went down a treat with a much longed for Guinness and that Guinness could be chilled in hot weather :+1:

3 Likes

not again @PixieKnuckles mince and tatties I have meat most days

3 Likes

I’m much the same Danny. If it were not for my son, I’m certain that I wouldn’t be eating for a few days…

Thankfully, I don’t really have a sweet tooth. :slightly_smiling_face:

I enjoy vegetarian meals more than meat but I do eat meat.

3 Likes

If I was to open a shop it would deal in only 3 things
Bacon
Chocolate
Cheese
The 3 things most people can’t resist! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Now, there’s a plan!!!

Let me know when you open it Danny…I’m good at customer service and need a job! :joy: Plus I’m good at stopping things going out of date…

ahem

3 Likes

Add Coffee, Tea and free WIFI and people would never leave. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Caveman, sorry, I’m quoting your post to post a question to Pixie :slightly_smiling_face:

Pixie, Pixie… yoohoo…
@Pixie, re Caveman’s post and the ‘not again’ comment - is mince a Scottish thing? I only ask 'cos my PITA ex was from Edinburgh and he had a penchant for mince. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Mostly I eat fish or poultry one meal a day. Red meat only once or twice a week.

We need protein, and lots of veggies! Fruits are easy for me to fit in, and I enjoy most veggies.

mince and tatties cold weather comfort food lovely and that i liked a food she posted about before cheers

3 Likes

Meat about four times per week, two days meat free, and one day either fasting or just liquids such as soup or milk…

1 Like