How Much Free Time Do You Have?

Thank you Cosmos - it has been very difficult at times. Like you, I cared for my husband for several years prior to his death whilst he was suffering from dementia - such a debilitating illness. Even so, when the end comes it is still heart-breaking for those left behind. People said to me that I must think of the good times we had together but I found that an impossibly sad thing to do at the very beginning - I still find it sad now but am more able to cope with it. If you are left on your own Cosmos, you will survive, it takes time but you will find a way to deal with it as I have done. I still have my bad days but they are becoming fewer as time inevitably moves on.

2 Likes

A shame we didn’t know one another sooner. I recently emerged from a decade caring for my teen-to-young-adult daughter while she fought a rare neurological disease. I know your days and have a lot of respect for you.

1 Like

This is a difficult read, Margaret and I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. There is nothing more honorable than caring for someone you are losing day by day. I am sorry for the both of you. I wish you peace and very good memories of your husband.

1 Like

I just don’t know how you do it. I am exhausted just reading your account. For heaven’s sake, take a break :laughing:!

1 Like

You need a list of all your lists.

1 Like

Gawd, couldn’t stand watching the day go by from my bed. I still get up between 6am and 7am even though in winter the sun doesn’t rise until about 7, whereas in summer I am out walking at 6am. In the evening a rarely used to go to bed before 11pm or midnight though I notice that since Covid that has crept forward to between 10 and 11pm.

Do watch more TV than I used to because of the streaming services but try to limit that to an hour or so a day - often once I am in bed at night. Sometimes that has to give way to phone calls to relatives in the UK.

One thing I have never been since I retired is bored, I often wonder how I ever managed to fit work into my schedule.

1 Like

I believe you just solved my problem :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Like your Hobbies also Martin, I am a serious Music is my Life kinda of a Person…

Bruce it is a bit different down in Australia. You have to get up early to go kangaroo catching while they are still half asleep. We all know you love Kangaroo milk in your coffee first thing. It gives you that morning jump start to get going. :rofl:

They go to the “mall” nowadays.

Alas you have arse about face, Kangaroos are sensible animals, they feed at dawn and dusk and rest in the shade during the heat of the day.

Doesn’t everybody? Westfield is an Aussie company

We’ve got a Westfield near us. An elderly neighbour calls it a precinct, everyone else calls it a shopping centre. We have supermarkets that sell milk, plus the odd corner shop, not many of those left. The big supermarkets, Tesco, Sainsburys, own small local shops too.

Bruce
what a wallaby lot of knowledge you have , I am amazed. I guess kangaroo watching must be a favourite hobby of yours, not that it is a bad thing

When I hear precinct over here, it triggers the meaning of a police district or law enforcement building.

With prices being criminal these days, I think your neighbor’s word choice might be the best of all!

1 Like

HaHa yes I’m familiar with that from US TV.

Here it’s used to describe a pedestrian precinct: a traffic free shopping street.

I don’t really know why an old, uneducated, true Londoner calls a shopping centre a precinct. It is a massive place.

What about the Mall word? that’s American, or olde English for Avenue.

All my time is free time. I do what I like, when I like.

1 Like

Same here, LD. Such a sad song.

1 Like

Loads.
Used 4. Making ‘2Do’ Sticky Notes.
Made Day 1. Binned Day 2. :rofl:

2 Likes

Being happily divorced for just over 20 years and also having retired 2 years ago, my free time is unlimited, bar a bit of time now and again with my mother, my sons and my grandsons. I love to spend time at the gym two or three times a week, reading on my Kindle, gaming (a lot!) on my PC, playing Virtual Reality games (sometimes with the grandkids, as they have VR headsets too) renovating old photographs for family and friends using Photoshop and avoiding household chores. :smile: It’s absolute bliss.

1 Like

Good for you Tachyon. You sound like you have your life situated well - and pretty much the opposite of my chaotic life . Cheers!