How Much Free Time Do You Have?

HaHa yes I’m familiar with that from US TV.

Here it’s used to describe a pedestrian precinct: a traffic free shopping street.

I don’t really know why an old, uneducated, true Londoner calls a shopping centre a precinct. It is a massive place.

What about the Mall word? that’s American, or olde English for Avenue.

All my time is free time. I do what I like, when I like.

1 Like

Same here, LD. Such a sad song.

1 Like

Loads.
Used 4. Making ‘2Do’ Sticky Notes.
Made Day 1. Binned Day 2. :rofl:

2 Likes

Being happily divorced for just over 20 years and also having retired 2 years ago, my free time is unlimited, bar a bit of time now and again with my mother, my sons and my grandsons. I love to spend time at the gym two or three times a week, reading on my Kindle, gaming (a lot!) on my PC, playing Virtual Reality games (sometimes with the grandkids, as they have VR headsets too) renovating old photographs for family and friends using Photoshop and avoiding household chores. :smile: It’s absolute bliss.

1 Like

Good for you Tachyon. You sound like you have your life situated well - and pretty much the opposite of my chaotic life . Cheers!

Lots of free time, between 6.00am & 7.00am :laughing:

1 Like

Guess what Graham-- wives never get to retire !!
Think about that a while and help her. Lou

I’m never entirely sure how much free time I have :thinking:
Being an agency worker is both blessing and curse!
Well, I haven’t been offered a shift for tomorrow so regardless of the weather we’re of to Brighton for some fun and frolics!

And if I get a text from the agency between now and then offering me work they can bugger off!

1 Like

I don’t know what Free Time is. Maybe when I don’t have a hospital appointment, that’s about all I’ve got in my diary. I do “work” like going round the markets looking for the juiciest peaches, that kind of thing, it’s a hard life, so I might stop off for a beer, maybe take some photos, difficult work/playtime juggling at times.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Shopping around :thinking:

You got me wrong, I was referring to fruit. But nice song.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

But of course! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

In the mood for a peach now…can’t remember the last time I had a decent one :thinking:

There’s masses of these everywhere at the moment, the flat ones, buy them when they’re a bit firm & they’re ready to eat in 2 or 3 days.

2 Likes

Gosh yes! My local fruit guy got a glut of these from the fruitmarket last year. I adore them!

1 Like

Fruit is feast or famine here, currently citrus, bought a pile of mandarins at $2 a kilo. Personally not fond of peaches or apricots.

My favourite fruit is probably mangos, messy to cut up in season but worth the effort. Delicious with sticky rice.

I can’t say that I’ve ever had enough free time due to job and family demands. If you don’t live alone, there are always commitments reducing your free time. I was looking forward to retirement which I took six years ago hoping to have more free time but that’s not the case. Although there are no job obligations any more, quite a lot of my time is spent looking after two family members , not exactly as a carer as yet but as a helping hand to pilot them through the challenges of everyday life because I see that they are struggling. It is the give and take in families, I suppose. Others may see this as welcome proof of being needed but I don’t need such a feeling. I accept it the way it is, though, since I wouldn’t want to live alone either.

1 Like

Peaches!

Free time today is exterior prepping and painting. Maybe my problem isn’t free time, just the way I am spending it…fun, fun… :thinking: