How much do you weigh?

10st 7llbs , bmi is 20.5 which is well with in the healthy range, was 12st before my mini strokes watching my diet (my wife done it really) with cutting out or reducing high saturated fats and salt , led to this

2 Likes

My height is 5ft 3inches
My weight is 9st 5.5 pounds. That’s my summer weight in the winter can go up to 10st
I don’t do so much gardening in the winter but still do the same walks with the dogs.

I’m used to doing pounds, ounces and stones, so that’s what i do. Hubby trying to get me to change but not if i really need to.

[quote=“LongDriver, post:17, topic:86162”]
To quote in kilogrammes, there will always be a decimal point, but with pounds, it is always in a full number;[/quote]
Not really.
You can use 4.55 lb. There doesn’t have to be decimal points.

What is 4.55lb then? There is a decimal point following the 4 :wink:

[quote=“logan1, post:23, topic:86162”]
I’m used to doing pounds, ounces and stones, so that’s what i do. Hubby trying to get me to change but not if i really need to.[/quote]
Yes, I understand and that’s fine. My children, now aged 40+, used metric (actually SI) and that’s an age thing I suppose.

1 Like

Of course there is. Anglers like that - a 4.55 lb fish!

1 Like

Hi

When you get weighted now in Hospital it is in Kilos.

That is the way of life now.

1 Like

On the question of either metric or Imperial for weights / measures doesn’t anyone remember the problems with the EU over this? It went on for long enough, even down to at one time both having to be displayed. See the link below showing the heading “EU gives up on ‘metric Britain’”:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6988521.stm

1 Like

I ask what that is in proper money.

2 Likes

After all the years of decimal coinage, I still swiftly convert to ÂŁ s d so that I can see if my prospective purchase is good value.

1 Like

Susie, don’t forget you have been inactive for most of that time, and maybe hubby has stayed home with you, but still eating a lot. I am sure when you get back on your feet you could get back to your ideal weight.

1 Like

At 6 foot I come in at 185lbs. Was up to 210lbs because of lockdown and laziness. Not I got it back under control. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Petrols around ÂŁ7 a gallon, not a murmur is there.

1 Like

I remember it well.Luddites in my opinion. I feel the same about American units in the electrical industry. It’s a mishmash. The world knows it is - except USA, Liberia, and Myanmar.

Yeah, but its a fait accompli in that if we wish/need to carry on driving, we have to pay the asking price at the pumps. We can moan and debate all we like, but the price will not change.

3 Likes

There is that.

1 Like

How much do I weigh? Far too much to be healthy I suspect but, since we haven’t any bathroom scales 
 :man_shrugging:t3: I’ve been overweight for at least the last 15 years.

1 Like

If you are happy at the weight you are, what does it matter. Just so long as you are comfortable in your own skin, keep living the way that you are.
My daughters are always mentioning about “I really should loose a few pounds Dad” but if they do lose some weight, they should do so because the want to and not because the feel they should.

2 Likes

Why do hospitals still announce baby’s birth weight in lbs & ounces?

Copy & paste from google

People also ask

How much did lilibet Diana weigh at birth?

7 lbs 11 oz

Lili’s middle name pays tribute to her late grandmother, Princess Diana. Weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz,