How much are you paying for gas/electric?

Me too, I wear shorts all year for every occasion, except weddings, funerals and rare winter visits to Canberra.

1 Like

The trouble is that in a few days prices will all be out of date…:frowning:

Reading a book = 0 pence per hour
Petting your cat = 0 pence per hour
walking your dog = 0 pence per hour
looking out of the window at the sunshine or rain = 0 pence per hour
writing a journal = 0 pence per hour
having a duvet day = 0 pence per hour

3 Likes

Quite however it gives an idea of what is and what isn’t a heavy user of electric.

At the moment the list up to date .
Undoubtedly when there is another increase there will be another list .

Freezing to death = 0 pence per hour
Starving to death = 0 pence per hour

2 Likes

Hi

I am going home after 3 weeks in hospital so I will be finding out how much things cost

2 Likes

Brilliant Annie and I could add a few more…
:+1:

1 Like

We just got a email from OVO to increase our monthly DD’s from £72 to £104

Walking to a nearby cliff, high building, or bridge and jumping off = 0 pence per hour.

1 Like

I pay my dual energy account by Direct Debit and much prefer to do it that way.
I currently pay £82 pm and have built up a credit of £200 this Summer. I’m not bothered about the credit balance because I know it will go towards paying the increased bills when I start to put my heating on in the next month or two.

I’ve only once asked the company to refund me some of the credit balance that was building up and that was because I’d been away for a couple of months in Winter and used very little gas and electricity, so when I returned and sent in a reading, my account ended up with nearly £500 credit at the beginning of a Spring season.
It was a simple matter of sending an email to ask the company to give me the excess credit balance back and they refunded the whole credit balance, less the amount of one months payment.

Currently, I don’t think my DDR is high enough to cover my monthly Winter billing but my energy company’s online system does not seem to be working properly to enable me to increase the monthly DDR amount.
I expect the company will get round to increasing the monthly figure in due course - I dread to think how much it will increase by - the figure suggested in my last estimate was £235 - that’s a huge jump from £82!

I noticed Santander Bank is doubling the 2% Cashback it pays to its “123 Account Holders” on gas and electricity bills for October and November and will be crediting them with 4% Cashback for those two months.
It is not a large amount in the scheme of things - but every little helps!

this is also true!

1 Like

Well you might need to pay for transport if you are not near a cliff.

1 Like

That’s why I gave some alternatives :wink:

I have just had my last quarterly electric bill. (no gas) £125 Paid by bank transfer. It has gone up to what I usually paid, less than a hundred generally. But I am a completely determined electric saver, I resent giving the electricity company, money. So I cut back in every way I can.

We pay £55 per month for the gas and £63 for the electricity. Currently we are in credit £430 for the gas and £140cr for the electricity. We pay by direct debit. At the moment the account says we are on target, but I carefully watch what is going on on line. We have a four bedroomed detached (only use two bedrooms) which is very well insulated. My husband does not allow the central heating on unless we have Siberian conditions and the hot water only comes on for a half an hour a day.

1 Like

Some bouffant hairstyles in that video, anf that’s just the men. :smiley:

SSE have changed over to OVO who will be doing monthly bills apparently. I have a fixed tariff until January 2024 and am in credit . I’m all electric and have no boiler .I boil a kettle to wash up as it’s cheaper than the 9w water heater .I pay service charges on my apartment which I own which includes laundry facilities and water usage among other costings so I can launder whenever . I now use my oven less which has cut down on usage but still manage to cook tasty meals .

I had new economy 7 G rads fitted last winter but have just invested in an electric throw which will hopefully help to keep me warm without the use of radiators and more cost effective.

Depending upon the type of Winter we have this year hopefully I’ll manage.

I make no apologies for those people.

:crazy_face:

Hi

Meter readings done and had the bills.

3 weeks in hospital and my gas and electric was £58.

Basically one week plus standing charges and only the fish tank on.

This does not bode well for the coming colder weather, even with any help from the Government.

The Government is not a bottomless money pit it will all have to be paid back eventually.

The problem with heart failure is that you feel the cold more, especially in the hans and feet.