How much are you paying for gas/electric?

And are you in credit/debit?

Just logged in to check mine, I am £870 in credit and they are still charging me £193 a month!! I’ve just logged in and changed it to £185 - it won’t let me change it to anything lower :icon_rolleyes: I’d rather the money stay in my account than be ‘credit’ in theirs!!!

I’m with OVO energy (was previously SWALEC but they sold my account to OVO :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Hi

£300, ish in credit.

It has shot up recently because of the amount of time I spend in hospital.

It will be more this month after 3 weeks in hospital

1 Like

I am neither in credit or debit, every three months they read the meter send me a bill and I pay it.

4 Likes

I send in My meter readings on line every three months,They send Me what I owe the next day,which I pay by debit card…Have been doing the same for many years,
no prob’s so far…will wait and see.

4 Likes

I’m much the same … send my meter reading every month , they send me a bill and I trot off down the post office.
Never fancied direct debit.

2 Likes

I pay a colossal £295 a month for my energy. I pay more than anybody I know - it makes me very depressed.
I live in a three bedroom semi. When I discussed it with my energy supplier it was suggested it was such a lot because I use the tumble dryer a lot (which I do/did) and also I had a decrepit old fashioned back boiler at least 40 years old. It finally conked on us a few months ago & now we have a combi. I am hoping to get the bill down now we have a combi & I have stopped using the dryer unless really essential.

I am currently £275 in credit.

1 Like

I daren’t look. Investing in thermal curtains at the moment. Dunelm have a range that is still reasonably priced. Insulate insulate insulate!

2 Likes

that does sound a lot Carol .
Our electricity bill has nearly doubled we have no tumble dryer .
Our main usage is the Kettle , stove fridges and TV

1 Like

Aye,sensible…I’ve just cleared out My airing cupboard and found some heavy thickly lined curtains I haven’t used for years…They’ll be up within the next couple of months…every little helps.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to believe

Don’t allow some nae sayers to get You down Muddy,I think,You,…like Me…,are a game old bird…I will be 80
years old in a few months time…hey…I’ve never died a winter yet…and I sure as hell have no intention of turning up
My toes this Winter…bring it on…I’ll still be here come next Spring,
:wink:

1 Like

Just as a matter of interest - some of you seem to be making regular monthly payments, can’t you get into debt in winter and make it up in the summer? It seems unfair for you to have to be constantly in credit.

BTW even though most people here pay quarterly I believe there is a monthly payment scheme to help families.

There is, I looked it up, apparently you can pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly - your choice.

There’s even a video (this is my supplier)

Coincidentally there is a report on today’s news that all is not sweetness and light in god’s home country.

Electricity supplies are forecast to fall short of demand within three years in Australia’s biggest grid, according to an official report that labels the need to build new renewable energy and transmission lines as urgent.

In its latest 10-year outlook for the national electricity market, to be released today, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) warns of reliability “gaps” affecting New South Wales from 2025 and Victoria, Queensland and South Australia by the end of the decade.

The warning from the government agency follows a period of turmoil in the market, which has been buffeted by soaring coal and gas prices fuelled by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and higher-than-usual demand.

S’alright folks, if you can’t heat your home, just go to the library :roll_eyes:

I doubt it’s been thought through, it’s all well and good having granny from down the road only for miss no knickers and her ferals who’ll be running amok in there as well.Who’ll police it?.

1 Like

I have a key meter ,pay as you go, it’s the kettle, iron and immersion heater that are swallowing the money,…not forgetting the oven and hob.

I will be buying a large flask to keep the boiling water in ,for my hot drinks, …I’ve been using around £5 a day in electricity, can’t be positive on it though, it’s just a guess, I do know last winter, I was putting in around £40 a week in those winter months.

My son has suggested I stay with him in the winter months, just have the one large storage heater on, to heat my house, and come back periodically to check everything…of course there’s nothing in it for my son, if I stay with him,:joy:…if you get my meaning.

1 Like

I do that sometimes on stinking hot days, I wander down to the library or the shopping mall to take advantage of their aircon and comfy sofas.

You’ll need a peep hole to see where you are going.

1 Like

Nice one :023:

@OldGreyFox might enjoy that.

I do as May does. reading in, amount owed back, then pay by card. banking dd does not read good to us. this arrangement works well for us.