How many Aussies on here?

Or am I the only one?
So this is mainly a UK forum?
I have no opinion on Brexit or Boris. We have our own issues.

1 Like

Hi Precious. I’m Keezoy (Actual name is Keith) from Sydney. Welcome to OFF. Well spotted. This is, for the most part a UK site. There’s quite a few Aussies and Kiwis here as well as people from the US, Ireland, Canada etc. Maybe one from South Africa. I’ve been on here a while (it says here I joined in April? I would swear I have been here longer than that??) - and I have not struck anybody -at all - from a non English speaking country. So yeah it is primarily “UKcentric”…Most people here are cool and easy to talk to. A few are not. IMO. Just try to have fun and accept that Brexit is the dominant issue here. I agree we have plenty of our own issues but I don’t think Brexit is a “non issue” and it’s worth knowing about…The best education in my opinion is to listen to the zeitgeist. All sorts of opinions from a random selection of the general public is the most balanced education you can get on any political or social issue I reckon cobber!..Have fun.

Morning Precious, welcome to the forum :cool:

Sorry, I’m not an Aussie :o

Hey Floydy. Congratulations mate. You are now a fair dinkum honorary Aussie. Wear this with pride!

read a few posts and I might be afraid that the banter escalates here. Am I right? Look… like any old Aussie (born before 1970), I need to roll with the punches and not take myself seriously. I do like a joke though so its not like Im utterly serious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“1970 Old” ?!!..Fair suck of the sauce bottle digger! I’m 67 and I’m still dreaming of being invited to join The Stones :-p Just be yourself and take people as they come. There’s all sorts here. Most will accept you as is. Just say what you want. Your 10 cents worth is welcome. All grist for the mill. Blah blah…

1 Like

That’s ace, keezoy. I’ll wear that when I’m watching Kylie’s next sexy video release :-p

1 Like

Im 61

1 Like

I’ve stumbled into the creche.

1 Like

I wasn’t born in Australia.
That’s probably why I like it here.:smiley:
Arrived 1974, age 25 (then, not now):slight_smile:

1 Like

And I reckon Kylie would love it mate. have you ever seen her?..I’ve never seen her on stage. She’s a darling but not my kind of music. I saw her in Manly one day. Just strolling down The Corso on her own. I could not believe how tiny she is. She could not be any more than 5 foot.

1 Like

That rules you out of being my brother then,he was aÂŁ10
Pom,back in 72

Haha, I was a 300 Marks Kraut, and that included my wife and two sons.:lol:

You’ve done well Ploppy, resisted life’s pressures that makes some folks a Sour-kraut.:lol:

1 Like

Kylie’s a pom.

She lives in London so belongs to us. :smiley:

G’day precious

… an Aussie with no opinion on Boris. :017:

;-):smiley:

Hi Precious and welcome. :slight_smile: Like others on here I am not Australian either, although I do have family in Tasmania. In fact more family there than here in the UK. Enjoy your time on Over50sForum. :slight_smile:

She’s all yours, d00d.
She’s too old for me.:lol:

good on ya cobber :smiley:

Hello Precious :slight_smile: welcome, it matters not from where you come only that you are here.

Just heard your ex-Prime Minister John Howard on the radio, he certainly has an opinion on Brexit and thinks we have made the absolute best decision in opting to leave.

Myself and many here thought the UK behaved very badly oping to join the Common Market in the first place turning our back on trade with our Aussie and NZ brothers .