How long will these last You?

Oh my gosh! My niece bought me one of these for Christmas! It is still in the box, but a thoughtful gift as she knows how much I enjoy visiting England. She must have been trying to please me. The gift is beautiful, as you can see.

Yes. Slightly different in shape from the one I got for Marge, but certainly the same thing.

Do you have any of the tea pods, or whatever they’re called? If so, perhaps you’ll try one and let me know what you think.

I can’t wait for her birthday because I’m looking forward to her trying it out - and it’s her present!

1 Like

I have never seen brewing flowers in teapots here in the states, so this is all new to me. I hope Marge will enjoy her gift, JBR! :grinning:

Well I hadn’t see it here either, although I have heard of herbal tea of course.
Not something I have tried before, to be honest. I think the difference between these things and ordinary herbal tea is that they include a pretty flower as well. Perhaps the sight of that in the teapot psychologically enhances the flavour!

Realistically, I’m not expecting some sort of mind-blowing experience, but I’ll let people here know if I think on.

1 Like

Can anyone point me to the coffee thread please?

1 Like

@gumbud

Here’s one, but its about instant coffee…any good for you?
Instant coffee thread

1 Like

That bag of Tetleys would last me a long time.
I drink plenty of juice and water too. :smiley:

1 Like

yuck PK that was a terrible experience no I drink black only and ground from the mountain top beans of Jamaica - no sugar but sweeteners permitted and the occasional splash of bourbon

2 Likes

down the corridor left left left…right right right…got that ok :smirk: ?

2 Likes

I do love that @gumbud but I don’t think there are many coffee aficionado’s here, sadly. Instant or machine for us lot in here…no bourbon either! My word…I wonder if we need to up our game? :astonished:

1 Like

As this seems to have morphed into COFFEE, I’d add that Marge and I use Senseo coffee pads.
We first came across them on holiday in the Black Forest, and they taste as good as filter coffee but without all the fiddling about with grinding, etc.

No/Yes you are right of course PK - more of an American/ Italian/the rest of bloody Europe habit but not sleepy old England! They won’t let me start a thread atm cos I’m a newbie but if you wanna I will join in and see were it takes us? after all we do have a few yankie doodle dandies on here too? - if it fails Azz will bin it anyway!!

Hmm Mmm Hmm - wot ya fink PK ? - sure I am not a grinder man meself so accept ground IN the packet but coffee pads? well have you compared them with good quality ground coffee in a pkt JBR - say a good Italian style or Jamaican or Brazilian etc then you’ll know how good they are? Hmm tell ya what I’ll do a bit of research myself on the memory zapper - google and see what I can find.

well gettin a bit late in the evening for heavy research JBR but here’s an interesting article who’s title I am not impressed with so please ignore if you wish - coffee like tea is often fiercely debated regarding types and qualities - see what you think anyway - they do say that once I open my good quality ground coffee bag it starts deteriorating. Incidentally the pod coffee is available with machines in oz.

fresh coffee versus pod?

Depends what you had in mind, Trixie Kay…

1 Like

I fully support a good coffee thread, Gumbud, but I am not the best person to start one since I know nothing about it really. I am an instant pod person, not a beanie baby, so…:woman_shrugging: I’ll have a think about it. At least if its on there, you can post about your…coffee :smiley:

one for gumbud also…

I know not of your roots…but no matter,the bourbon tastes the same where ever it comes from

you can you the tea thread…gumbud

1 Like

I think what it boils down to (no I know you don’t boil coffee) is what you like. We’re all different.

I’ve had good quality filter coffee many times and find that I like both those, especially strong espresso, and the Senseo stuff that we use at home. Yes, they are both different, and I like both.
The advantage to me is to be able to make myself a (Senseo) coffee for breakfast when I first get up (at 10am or thereabouts) without having to prat about grinding beans, messing about with filters, machines and all the associated hocus pocus which seems to be so important!

well talking of roots you are leading me into forbidden territory there - if you hold up a bunch of weeds in oz and ask “would ya like some roots” you could get a very surprising answer that might make a young lady blush. However thank you for the PC Di - I must admit I always did like the British perchance for the seaside postcards of yesteryear. now can you tell me how you create the @ link for people?

You just type the @ sign and their username!
@gumbud