How long have you had your Drivers License?

I got mine in 1988. 36 years now

2 Likes

i passed my drivers test at age 18 i am now 63 still have my licence so a total of 45 years

3 Likes

I passed my motorbike license back in 1979 and my car license in 1982.

3 Likes

I passed my test about a fortnight or so after I turned 17 so I have held a driving licence for a touch over 60 years.

I have held a semi licence (combination vehicle) but gave that up when I retired and still hold a truck licence though I going to give that up in the very near future (because I still occasionally get asked to drive a truck and basically I don’t want to)

When I took my truck test it was the first I had in Australia as the RTA just issued me with a car licence on the strength of my UK licence - I presume that is still the case though they might make you do the knowledge test these days (I don’t know)

4 Likes

At age 15, I passed my driver’s test in Florida, with a summer driver education course. At age 18, when in Germany with my Army hubby, I took and received my international driver’s license. Needless to say that was over half a century ago, and I’ve only every received one ticket in my entire driving career!

Hopefully, the good driving record stays intact!

2 Likes

@Bretrick 65yrs ago for motorcycle and 64yrs ago for car etc.

4 Likes

I passed my test at the second attempt in 1957.

1 Like

When I was 17, 57 years ago

1 Like

Was in my 40’s when I passed in 1987, my eldest daughter was driving before me.

1 Like

When I was 20 - That was 59 years ago.

2 Likes

01ef9154f230b5db18b24d406bcd206ef802673f_2_690x517

1 Like

I don’t think I would be happy putting my full name, address and Licence number on a public forum as you don’t know how it may be used, leaving yourself wide open to identity theft.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Might be wise to redact this document.
There are nefarious people everywhere.

1 Like

Not as brave as Di, tend to de-personalize stuff, don’t matter if someone is determined, but why would anybody be that determined?

2 Likes

Ha ha that’s one more than me. :innocent:

Though I have to say that speed limits ceased to be a challenge years ago and prior to unmarked cars and radar I kept a close eye on my rear view mirror.

Cruise control is your best friend.

2 Likes

The ticket wasn’t a speeding ticket.:smirk:

And, you’re my friend, not cruise control.:smile:

1 Like

I don’t live there and being over 70 I don’t have a British Licence
…it is just another piece of paperwork now with no connection to me. I only have a French Driving Licence…
My family is broadcasted in many places being avidly involved in Ancestry…They are very exposing of your life details…Tis a Choice I choose to make…
…When we applied for our French Residency the first thing that happens is they take a copy of your Finger Prints…We are supposed to always carry our ID papers…no where to hid unlike the UK

2 Likes

I passed in November 1971, second attempt.

2 Likes

38 years, 35 of those years in Transport and Logistics
I tried to book my test on my 17th Birthday, it was refused so had to wait until 8 weeks later as that was the earliest date they could book me in for

Happy Motoring All

3 Likes

45 years

2 Likes