How long before Humans become extinct?

Pollution is caused by burning hydrocarbons, not climate change.

Never thought that actually, no science base here :grin:

1 Like

I agree. We could have come from somewhere else and set up home here on earth. When you think that no other living thing on this planet is anything like a human. Don’t give me that about evolution and chimps and apes etc, the timeline is all wrong.

Where from?

Voyager 1 and 2 are only now on the edge of our Solar System after travelling for over half a century.

The nearest star is tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of year’s travel away and I am pretty sure it doesn’t have a habitable planet orbiting it. Creatures could have evolved during the trip but would most probably starve. It is a ridiculous suggestion, definitely no basis in science.

1 Like

I don’t know where we came from Bruce, it is beyond the understanding of the present human mind, if it wasn’t we would be able to bridge those vast distances of space. Perhaps one day we will discover the secret. Look how far we have come, what would people of the past think about the inventions and discoveries of the present day. It would have been way beyond their understanding. Just because we can’t explain it, doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Given it’s velocity, it would take 73,000 years to reach Proxima Centuri, assuming it was heading in that direction, which it isn’t. There is allegedly a “Super Earth” named Proxima Centauri b orbiting a red dwarf star which is deemed to be within the habitable zone, but would be unlikely candidate to colonise (assuming we were able to reach it) as it’s not known whether it can support an atmosphere, given the nature of it’s parent star. I assume a probe of some kind would be needed to gather more data.

Your suggestion makes no sense whereas evolution does.

Occam’s razor.

Evolution is undisputed scientific fact.

How can you know that?

1 Like

I think we will too.
Humans are too arrogant and too greedy to share this planet with any other living things. We are forever dividing and conquering. A few more centuries and Mother Earth will shake us off for good. The world will thrive without us.
I know. Debbie Downer. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No such thing as an undisputed scientific fact, as our knowledge of the world around us increases, we begin to question previously held beliefs and ‘undisputed’ facts and theories.
I prefer to keep an open mind on such things.

Another disease will come about , and will wipe us all out , like the dinosaurs…….
It will take 1000s of years yet

1 Like

It won’t we just send the robots to get the shopping :icon_wink:

1 Like

Disease is probably the least likely to wipe the human race out. No matter the disease there are always people immune, sometimes that immunity comes at another cost (eg sickle cell) but some will always survive to pass on their immunity.

Disease needs a host if it is too “effective” and kills its host it also wipes itself out.

3 Likes

I agree, I can’t see a disease or virus wiping out the human race even if it was created by man like covid was.

1 Like

Im talking human beings not robots

I was taught maths at school and watched Voyager’s launch in 1977

2024 take away 1977 equals 47 which is close enough to half a century for me though it has to be said that, according to Einstein, it won’t be as long for them

At least all that millions talk has gone out the window.

Indeed if it was heading in the right direction it would take 73,000 years to get there.

There are 2 confirmed and possibly a third planet orbiting Proxima Centuri ( there are probably more but we cant detect them). Do they contain life… no idea…

And neither does anybody else Rich. Matters concerning deep space are just anybodies best guess…
We are not equipped to travel that far, we need too many things to survive…Food, water, Oxygen, smartphone? and most of all Gravity or else your muscles will waste away and you will be no good to anybody when you get there.