How fast is your broadband?

I wish you could too!:lol::lol:

Far ‘too’ long :-p

The ‘super speeds’ arrived at the right time for me Meg as we always have the grandchildren round with their laptops, i-pads and the like, so we can all now use the internet without interrupting each others access, if you see what I mean?

You’d be the first I’d visit :-p

I wired my whole house in the days when WiFi was unaffordable and my kids were still at high school but now of course I have both. All the wired systems do now is connect all the TVs, media players, home theatre and my one desktop (which I use most of the time). The latest wifi speeds are really fast, a big improvement on those 54bps systems.

I wonder if my VOIP slows it down much - no one notices that I don’t have a ‘real’ phone line - big improvement on the ADSL days when VOIP was useless when a few people were using the internet.

Could you do a speedtest while connected via wifi please Bruce? (You too, if you can please Mart.)

I am interested to see what the difference in speed is, if any.

Ok… I have cancelled our Sky package and ordered with Plus.net (a subsidiary of BT).

We have the 79Mbps pack… let’s hope they can deliver close to it :lol:

I wish you well with it Azz…Good Luck and keep us informed.:slight_smile:

Definition of Infinity - the time you have to wait for a page to load using BT.

I get approx one byte a day, unless it rains and then the carrier pigeon shelters. A marvelous service from BT at only £1000 a day. NOT.

I forgot to say my monthly rental of £7 includes all my telephone calls too so even if it’s slower than some it’s still a bargain!:slight_smile:

If you’re happy with it Honey and it suits your requirements then that is all that matters.:smiley: I’m perfectly happy with my chosen provider too. Good luck with it.:slight_smile:

I’m completely happy with it, I don’t download stuff or gaming apart from on FB so it works fine for me:-)

Thanks - will do :slight_smile:

Switchover date is the 3rd, 4th or 7th of July :slight_smile:

Speed about 14/900 and have been with ClaraNet for 15 years. Started when I was in business, and stuck to them since A1 tech support.

Mike

Nice to see you here Mike…
The system will not allow me to message you yet, will try again later.:slight_smile:

Same here Spider. Nice to see you too.

Been a life saver to me - the increasing power of home broadband. It has allowed me to earn loads of money (and save loads) by running home servers.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3571681082.png

We’re in a blind spot here, over the hill it’s much faster apparently

do you want to be over the hill?;-):lol: