How far North/South have you travelled?

He has done all the continents now. I think the last was South America.

N & S … probably Montreal and Sydney… big cities.

I’ve been to Cornwall and the highlands of Scotland (now that’s a place that gives that warming middle-of-nowhere feeling).

I’d have to check maps first to give accurate answers, but I’ve been to NZ, and north went to Denmark and Sweden on those weekend trips, where you sail for 24 hours, have four hours in the country, and come back again!

Have also been to Scotland on a coach holiday.

UK North - Newcastle - loved it.
UK South - Channel islands - fantastic.

Ireland North - Newry - strange - my aunt’s house was in NI but her garden was in Eire!
Ireland South - Cork - lovely place.

Not one of life’s great travellers.

Went to Paris once - once was enough - disgusting place, would never go again.

Went touring in India for 6 weeks - Brilliant.

North.
Skye, Inverness. beautiful.

South
Basingstoke, London, functional.

North - Orkney
South - Singapore

and

West - Trinidad
East - Hong Kong

Where I live now is the furthest North Ive travelled

If I went any further North Id be back in the south :slight_smile:

I had to think about this…

Furthest north - Åkers styckebruk, Sweden about 59.25°N
[CENTER]

http://www.over50sforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6763&d=1534071599[/CENTER]

Furthest south - Ida Bay Railway, Tasmania 43.5°S.

[CENTER]http://www.over50sforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6764&d=1534071612[/CENTER]

They are a fair way apart I think.

Edit:

I tried Mr Google - the two places are 16,221 km apart but the latitudes are only 11,418km apart

9963.0657 Miles (16034 km) Approx. :lol:

Penguins actually - Polar bears are confined to the Arctic region

And London Zoo. :lol:

I grew up on a hill farm on the slopes of the Grampians in Scotland. The nearest town was Kirriemuir, population nearly 4,000, and six miles away. I used to go to school there - by cycle. Very hilly.

And where there are penguins there will be something else wanting to eat them ( or us ) probaby an orca will probaby pop up and gobble you up :slight_smile:

To my huge regret now. I never ever left Europe! The furthest south I’ve travelled is to Naples.

The furthest north would be Inverness, 10 years ago. After visiting the shores of Loch Ness to scatter some one my late wife’s ashes in the loch on her birthday. This was one of her last requests as she never got to visit the loch.

Sorry, no polar bears in Antarctica. Polar bears are exclusively a northern bear.

Furthest north= Alaska
Furthest south = Indonesia
Furthest east-west= clear away around the planet.

My cousins 13yo daughter recently went on a school trip.
To, of all places, Shanghai!

What a shame she never got to visit the Loch, such a beautiful place.

I agree. Scotland has some of the most beautiful places in the world - but I would say that…:slight_smile:

I think you are right. I feel sorry for people that have not seen the Lochs, Glencoe or Skye. I think a holiday in the Highlands should be made compulsory. :lol:

Don’t know the latitudes,but to the south Cuba, Mexico and Cape Verde and to the north, Edinburgh.